Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2004, 01:09 AM

Default Re: well played

My bad, I misread the post...
Obviously, I vote to check the turn, he might call you with his ace if you check the turn, bet the river, but harder to call down if you continue to bet. I think this is a unique situation because there are virtually no scare cards on the river. Ideally another heart comes and he will call 90 out of 100.
Old 08-08-2004, 10:40 AM

Default Re: I\'ll listen this time

I think your flop raise and turn bet are inconsistent:

You are raising on the flop because either a) you think you might be ahead because your opponent is on the draw or b) you think your opponent is ahead and you want to give yourself the chance to get there by knocking out the 8h-Jh as you said.

But now if your opponent was b) ahead he is going to have a hard time calling the turn and river without the flush. And if your opponent was a) on the draw you going to be losing some money. Your turn bet is not likely to get paid off by a worse hand and is not going to fold a better hand, so what is the point of it?

I agree completely with mike l. that this is an easy turn check to induce a bluff or lure a call and it is not even close.

-rory