Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2005, 09:07 PM

Default Re: Feels ugly, hand from 10/20 HU session

I think the turn deserves a bet from Hero it makes things clearer going to the river.
Old 12-13-2005, 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
fold pre?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah - if you cant get away from TP on the flop when not really getting odds to improve and you are crediting him with the narrow range you listed, then just dump this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I played a similar hand w/89 today against a reraise w/200BBs each. I flopped top pair. I check-folded. If you're going to convince yourself to call so you can get a guy's stack, you also have to commit yourself to not losing extra chips if you flop one pair.
Old 12-13-2005, 10:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you're going to convince yourself to call so you can get a guy's stack, you also have to commit yourself to not losing extra chips if you flop one pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

At first gance this looked golden to me, but doesn't it often contradict a LAG's plan to run loose and then bust 'em up?

I'm not LAG , yet...

-TripKings

Old 12-13-2005, 10:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
At first gance this looked golden to me, but doesn't it often contradict a LAG's plan to run loose and then bust 'em up?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well yeah, when you're betting/raising all over the place, people look for opportunities to bust you. Like when I called the river here and he showed Qs9s and MHIG :-)
Old 12-14-2005, 08:55 AM

Interesting hand.

I don't like the preflop play - The raise or the call of the reraise out of position.

Flop - I would fold.

Turn. Uhh he's laying you a good price here so I would consider calling but wouldn't like it.

River. I would probably lead out for a pot sized bet. Based on your preflop read he probaably has an overpair or less likely a flush. Is he capable of raising a potsized bet of yours on the river with a hand that would not have you beat? If so, how likely do you think that is.

I think your are very likely ahead on the river.