Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2005, 08:05 PM

Default 3/6 - Is this the right amount of Crazy

LRR is unknown. Other opp is a calling station:

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls.

Flop: (16 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO calls, SB calls.

Turn: (14 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

River: (23 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

Final Pot: 32 BB
Old 09-10-2005, 08:29 PM

Default Re: 3/6 - Is this the right amount of Crazy

[ QUOTE ]
Other opp is a calling station

[/ QUOTE ]

Understatement of the century. I cant seem to put SB on a hand. I dont really think AA/KK would be that likely bc he just completed and then 3 bet. I would assume that you'll see him flip over something weird like QT or possibly AK just as frequently as AA/KK. Hence, and especially because the donkey is coming along for the ride, I think you did well.
Old 09-10-2005, 08:30 PM

I think I cap the river.

Krishan
Old 09-10-2005, 08:47 PM

Seems like just the right amount of crazy to me. I would use a similar amount of crazy. Maybe cap the river.
Old 09-10-2005, 08:59 PM

One the one hand, I'm thinking omg cap river no one does that with AA/KK, on the other hand I'm thinking, I don't want to make a multiple big bet error just because of a surprising complete in the sb followed by a raise when the opportunity was too good to pass up. I don't cap the river.
Old 09-10-2005, 09:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
One the one hand, I'm thinking omg cap river no one does that with AA/KK, on the other hand I'm thinking, I don't want to make a multiple big bet error just because of a surprising complete in the sb followed by a raise when the opportunity was too good to pass up. I don't cap the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Villain's PF limp is weird as hell for AA/KK. With a 5 bet cap, I think 4 betting the river is *very* close, but with a 4 bet cap, I'd cap it and not feel queasy if I didn't have the winner.
Old 09-10-2005, 11:29 PM

Looks like the jury is a bit split on the river cap. I was thinking AA/KK after the crazy action. Some people love to limp and the reraise the AA/KK but on the SB would be a bit strange.

Villain had A6o and Calling station had KQ.

C-Dog