Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2005, 06:29 PM

Default Re: Welcome to the real world retards.

What it comes down to is the sense of entitlement. I have no idea where people get it. Party is a business and you are their customers.

They are not ENTITLED to you as customers (aka you have the freedom to choose other poker rooms or not play)

You are not ENTITLED to the services/games that Party offers at any given time. If Party wants to make a stupid business decision they have the right to.

I'm not saying you shouldn't be upset, I would be upset if something cost me a bunch of money, no matter the reason, but you didn't get robbed or anything, a company was providing a service you were taking advantage of and now they no longer provide that service.
Old 10-11-2005, 06:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It is unlikely this was killed in a late stage (after making clinical trials and getting approved by FDA)

[/ QUOTE ]

Which is the time they can say "we have a cure".

[ QUOTE ]
But it is well known that big pharma don't even bother to do research on rare forms of cancer

[/ QUOTE ]

Significantly different from stopping a product they had completed.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is the case then I don't believe it as well. For a drug to make to the market it takes 12-15 years and $800 million on average. You don't withdraw it from the market unless there are side-effects, a competitor has made a WAY better one, the company is sold or went bust etc.
Old 10-11-2005, 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Ironic that someone who chastises others for having no real-world experience.

[/ QUOTE ]

When you are self employed like people here you have to look after yourself and adapt and move on if you get a knock back then you have to look at new areas and opportunities, people here think that Party owes them a living I disagree with this sentiment. Even when employed you can get that phone call out of the blue and there you are out of work what are you going to do wait for somoen to feed you somthing on a plate or get out there retrain reskill and get on with it.

I had no anti business sentiment in my post more anti people who moan on and think the world owes them a living and seem to think the sky is falling every time a little bit of change comes along.
Old 10-11-2005, 06:34 PM

Do you have anything to suggest they don't? Check out the 10/5 disclosure that was just posted.

And, if that's your point then you should have said that without all the other bullshit. There's plenty of room for differences of opinion but your post contributes nothing to the conversation and does it with a self-important tone that is completely inconsistent with the worthlessness of the post.
Old 10-11-2005, 06:35 PM

Sure for the one company that did it, however, your average hospital would go bankrupt if their oncology division was empty. I know two CFO's of hospitals and they absolutely look at this as a business and both told me that if it were cured tomorrow they would be out of business within the month.
Old 10-11-2005, 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh, the world owes me a living.
Oh, the world owes me a living.
You shouldn't soil your Sunday pants
just like those other foolish ants.
Come on, let's play and sing and dance

[/ QUOTE ]

Mack
Old 10-11-2005, 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if it were cured tomorrow they would be out of business within the month.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then someone at the top is incompetent.
Old 10-11-2005, 06:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you have anything to suggest they don't? Check out the 10/5 disclosure that was just posted.

And, if that's your point then you should have said that without all the other bullshit. There's plenty of room for differences of opinion but your post contributes nothing to the conversation and does it with a self-important tone that is completely inconsistent with the worthlessness of the post.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its an internet message board talking crap in a self important tone is mandatory I thought.
Old 10-11-2005, 06:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

You guys dont understand that Party is now a big corporate listed business and is starting to act like it. Many large companies make decisions that are unpopular with their client base but they move on regardless of complaints and most of their customers suck up and go with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

In todays business world, the idea of keeping your customers happy is paramount. All successful business go out of thier way to satisfy the needs and wants of thier consumers or they ultimately end up with no business and fail. From time to time, a company might do something that is unpopular with thier customers, but they quickly fix what has gone wrong and certainly dont do it again. I don't know what imaginary world you are living in, but in the real world, the customer comes first. without them, you have no business

[/ QUOTE ]

This completely misunderstands how Party makes money. Successful companies piss off their customers on purpose all the time. It all comes down to what will be most profitable.
Old 10-11-2005, 06:41 PM

Party didn't screw their customers they screwed the skins customers. I'm a Party player and always have been and all the changes at the weekend have done for me is make the games a little softer.

I don't know the numbers but I guess if only 1 in 4 skin players switches to Party they will see a net gain in revenue.