Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2005, 04:37 PM

Default bubble \"almost\" woes

1st post.

Been playing around 8 mos. I am up 4-1 in ring games over that time - certainly nothing to be proud of but at least I'm positive. I've played around 15 tourneys. In every single one of them (I swear - honest injun) I have been in good chip position coming up on the bubble - Usually less than 5 (always less than 15) to go until I hit the money. Then I get dealt good cards - AKs or pocket K's, Q's, or 10's (never Jacks) usually around middle position. Every time this had happended, I raised to about 1/2 my stack and every time (I am not exaggerating) I have been re-raised by THE big stack, called and been beaten. A few times the big stack has dominated me from the start, but many times he had crap and drew out on me. It is frustrating me to no end that I just can't break the bubble. If I were to just fold every hand, I am sure I would have gotten there at in least half of them, but I kinda agree with the play to win concept. Any ideas or advise?
Old 08-20-2005, 04:53 PM

Default Re: bubble \"almost\" woes

keep playing. It happens to all of us. Also, we do much better responding to specific hands. But here is a link to some strategy threads. Rose's recs