Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-26-2005, 06:22 PM

Default Troubling AQo Steal, What Would You\'ve Done?

Disclaimer: As usual, I'm posting a hand that gave me issues, but more times than not, it seems to end up being a "boring, clear cut decision to all but me" post garnishing very little replies. I can only hope I haven't once again done the same. If I have I apologize in advance. Be gentle and if it's THAT obvious, please teach a donkey luckbox in training how to fish, thanks!

8:15pm PS $3r/a. I'm moved to a new table nearing the end of level 6, hand in question takes place 1 orbit after I moved into seat 6, vilian is seat 8. I'm moved with T9k.

During the next orbit I steal the vilians' blind once, stack an opponent with AA then steal again sb v bb, putting me just over T13k, nothing outta the ordinary.

Vilian has gone from T10k to T7k in the same time frame. Recalling the played hands, he's lost money calling raises then folding on the Flop 5 times. He's tied 1 hand, playing 87s and flopping Trips.

Not that I think it matters but 3 hands prior to one in question, I get a "sup bro" and it turns out 2 brothers are at the table. Hand occurs just after the start of level 7, 100/200/25.

Here we go:

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (9 handed) internettexasholdem.com

UTG (t14033)
UTG+1 (t22653)
MP1 (t3160)
MP2 (t24330)
MP3 (t12976)
Hero (t13824)
Button (t28160)
SB (t6912)
BB (t5900)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t700</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls t600, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (t1500) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t1100</font>, SB calls t1100.

I make a standard continuation bet after he checks, looking to take it down right here, but much to my suprise, he makes the call. EVERY other hand he's played, he's folded at this point.

What's the plan for the Turn, do you fire the 2nd barrel and if so, how much?

Turn: (t3700) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t2000</font>, SB calls t2000.

I decided to fire the 2nd barrel, FULLY expecting to take it down right then and there, but again, to my utter shock and amazement, he cold-calls yet again.

Should I've bet more? Do you shut it down on the River? Or fire the 3rd barrel, putting him in? What if he leads out? Damn sure feels like I'm behind here [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

River: (t7700) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets t1200</font>.

Hero???

Now I'm not a stoopid player (although I'm sure they're plenty who'd disagree). I KNOW pot odds say I have to make this call...but the ONLY thing I can beat at this point is a stone cold bluff! He coulda connected with any part of that board or have pockets.

Combine that with the fact, he's check-called every street, totally contrary to the previous hands I've seen him play.

Make the call, knowing all you can beat is a lower bluff or make a "weak-tight" fold?