Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2005, 04:09 AM

Default Re: Tricky River; Good Bluff Inducer?

[ QUOTE ]
So, if you would have called his all-in and he would turn up an A7o, would you still have posted this hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

If he raised 6X PF w/ A7o and played the hand the way he did, I put a note on him saying Ax for big raise PF, add him to my buddy list and follow him around as I would be DUMBFOUNDED!

On the river after he went allin and I was making my decision to call or fold, I told myself, "I'm definitely posting this hand......." A7o however would be a waste of time and a whining post about how someone played junk cards and beat me. I post hands (VERY few at that) when the hand is interesting to me and possibly other readers of the forum. If I got extremely outplayed, but the hand was interesting enough as to warrant question/posts, I would post them. Do you think I'm posting this to "showoff" that I made a call that won a single pot? I EXPLAINED my predicament at each street and asked for input, what others do in this situation, is it -EV in the long run, am I right in putting him on a bluff, advocating to watch betting patterns, etc.... So you would not have called on the river and you're berating me for it, that's your opinion but I hope you can see the point of the post and will be open to different ways of playing hands even though that's not the way YOU always play it. Thanks for your input though, I still appreciate it. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]