Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2005, 06:18 PM

Default Firing three bullets for the first time

For the first time ever, I managed to fire three bullets at a home tourney last night. When my opponent folded to my river all-in when I had nothing but King high after he smooth-called my PF raise, flop and turn leads, I didn't know whether I played great or unbelievably stupid. It was a rush though.

Anyone remember the first time you fired three bullets with a complete bluff? How did it work out for you?
Old 12-10-2005, 06:21 PM

Default Re: Firing three bullets for the first time

I do this often in tourneys, usually late stages, when my AK misses and I really don't want to fold to and leave myself in survival mode.. so by the river I try to buy the pot, which at this point is probably bigger than my stack.. usually doesn't work.
Old 12-10-2005, 08:48 PM

In cash games or other deep situations I often semi-bluff the flop and turn and push the river when I miss. Since I mostly play cash with a group of regulars, this also allows me to get paid off big when I do hit on the river. Also, if you are known to be aggressive, weak tighties will often adopt a calling down strategy, figuring you for a bluff on the flop and turn, then chicken out when you bet their stack on the river. I guess this works in tournies as well, especially if you are a big chipleader.
Old 12-10-2005, 08:54 PM

I do this WAY too often and sometimes it works and some it doesnt. Depends on the Opponent I guess.
Old 12-10-2005, 08:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For the first time ever, I managed to fire three bullets at a home tourney last night. When my opponent folded to my river all-in when I had nothing but King high after he smooth-called my PF raise, flop and turn leads, I didn't know whether I played great or unbelievably stupid. It was a rush though.

Anyone remember the first time you fired three bullets with a complete bluff? How did it work out for you?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, i have done this to you several times. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-10-2005, 11:11 PM

This works well for me live w/friends. (reads and knowledge of oppenents.)

and very poorly online. go figure.
Old 12-10-2005, 11:35 PM

I think I've only done it once (online). And it worked. And yes, it's a rush. Mostly because you're thinking "OK - this is really, really stupid" as you press the bet-button... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-11-2005, 12:38 AM

Yeah doesnt work often. Someone actually did it to me in a cash game today after I smooth called the flop and raised him on the turn. I folded to his Ace high with my pair of 5s. Was pretty sure I had the right read, but when he stacked himself on the river I was ready to change my mind. He was very suprised when I folded.

I try to avoid that sort of situation like the plague when I get into them, I consider them a very bad play unless you are a masterful player/and or have a very good read..Only time I've seen this work well is in a european championship in france where Tony G fired three bullets and had his opponent fold. Like I said, very read dependant, and I'd err on the side of caution and get rid of my hand.