Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2005, 10:49 PM

Default Re: Too aggressively played? Live 15/30

[ QUOTE ]
Is the 3-bet in the first hand standard??

[/ QUOTE ]Definitely not. I thought it may have been a good time to do so. (see response above) Just unsure of both hands, hence, this post.
Old 10-02-2005, 10:54 PM

I play both the same.

Jeff
Old 10-02-2005, 11:32 PM

I'd fold the flop in hand 1.
Old 10-02-2005, 11:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 2. Call turn raise. By three betting, you are likely to either get a fold by a dead hand (that might bet river) or capped by a stronger hand (you said the guy was decent and he is CR'ing a big blind three bettor with THAT board?). 13 outs is alot...but it is still a dog.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the idea of 3-betting here and checking down the river if you don't improve. I also think holding the A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] makes it likely you'll get the free showdown against most players. You're likely to lose your market those times that another ace, king, or spade comes, so you'll want to get that extra bet in here on the turn. I also don't think a turn check-raiser is going to have a dead hand here all that often.
Old 10-03-2005, 12:16 AM

Hand 1: Not sure I like the 3 bet pf. UTGs raising standards mean your domminated more than likely. Not sure I like the turn raise either b/c your not folding a better hand or a lone heart. Your only folding a hand that your beating w/exactly 2 outs like TT or JJ w/out a heart.

Hand 2: I like your line a lot

BTW, check out my post in the hush forum. You might remember the hand [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-03-2005, 01:17 AM

Hand 1: How bad would it really be to fold preflop? Cause that's my play. UTG raises from competent players, even aggressive ones, worry me when I have KQ. (I know you already addressed this.)

How is he playing AK here? If you just call the turn, will he bet the river with it unimproved? Because if so, then it seems you can get the same money without risking a 3-bet from AA or KK or a set or an Ax flush draw. I assume we're almost neglecting the made-flush possibility.

Hand 2: Seems pretty standard. If you get 4-bet I think you should feel sick and call down (if you don't fill).
Old 10-03-2005, 03:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Both 8-handed, game is not so good.

Hand 1: Second orbit of session for me. UTG (aggessive player) raises. Folded to me in CO with K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], I 3-bet. Folded to UTG who 4-bets. I call. Headsup.

FLOP: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

UTG bets, I call.

TURN: Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

UTG bets, I raise...

[/ QUOTE ]

First, find a better game, maybe a 20/40 (even though it's a long walk at the Commerce).

I think your line is fine but I'll add a few nits. BTF this is the sort of hand you can sometimes cold call an early raiser from the back. It helps if you also do it with somewhat stronger hands such as TT or AQs. Like the combo of the flop call and turn raise. If reraised on the turn you probably can lay down, unless UTG is insanely aggressive.

The second hand seems fine.

~ Rick
Old 10-03-2005, 03:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd fold the flop in hand 1.

[/ QUOTE ]

But gymrat plays in LA and he said UTG is aggressive, not tight aggressive. This means median hand is about QJs or a pair of nines. Plus he's soooted!

~ Rick
Old 10-03-2005, 03:53 AM

I like both hands and play them identically. (Eh...in the first hand, I do like Rick said: Sometimes I cold-call (as I would occasionally do with AQs and TT), sometimes I 3-bet, and sometimes I fold.)

And I believe the likelihood that you won either of these hands is somewhere between zero and negative zero. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-03-2005, 11:16 AM

Yeah...if you are pretty sure you won't get capped (As certainly helps), but if I'm the SB with a flush there, I probably cap (thinking big blind is on AA, KK, AK).