Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2005, 01:58 AM

Default RESULTS

Thanks for all the replies. I needed to hear some tough love and Andy & Dazareth really made it clear. I must stop thinking of that one extra trapped bet when it could cost me the whole pot. As they said, if he's going to chase me down, make him pay more. It's not worth that one big bet to lose all of it.

LP actually folded face-up with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB showed Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and takes the pot.

LP asked me why I called the river. I just smiled wishing I could slap him silly...or myself.
Old 11-01-2005, 02:05 AM

Default Re: Flopped a straight - 20/40 Live

[ QUOTE ]
You need to drop down to 9/18 and work on your fundamentals. Thats an easy 3 bet on the turn b/c unless he's got exactly QT your ahead or at worst tied w/him. 3 betting allows you to trap the horrible player for more money if he is on a draw

[/ QUOTE ]The focus of just calling had nothing to do with LP's check-raise, but the fact that I would lose profit by driving out SB. But as explained in my RESULTS, that was an incorrect play with a one-card straight in this situation also. Being that I had no where near the nuts with another card to come, reraising was the best play, but not exactly for the reasons you stated.

As for the 9/18, nah, I really enjoying drinking as much free bottled water as possible over on the hotel side. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 11-01-2005, 07:55 AM

Two questions:
1) Is it standard to limp T7s on the button after two limpers? I used to play suited 1-gappers after two limpers, but I was losing money with some of the lower ones, so I increased my standard to limping after 3 limpers.
2) I usually call the river in spots like this hoping to chop. I understand that this may be a leak, so that's why I'm asking this question. To those of you who said fold, would your answer change if the river had not been a spade? If no, do you fold everytime someone bets when the board is a straight or a boat and you can't beat it?
Old 11-01-2005, 12:48 PM

1) For me, it depends on my opponents. If they're usually going to charge me the minimum when I'm behind or drawing, and pay me off if I hit, I'll play. Against tougher, more aggressive guys, I'll let it go.

2) Again, depends on the opponent. Against a passive, A-B-C-ish guy like the guy in this hand, I just can't see him betting into two opponents here without a hand that beats the board.
Old 11-01-2005, 01:47 PM

Two answers:
1) I don't like playing suited gappers at all, but when it's the button with weaker limpers, as well as blinds who will rarely raise pf, I tend to loosen it up. Therefore, I felt this was a good time to play.
2) My call was terrible. But looking at 12+ bets in the pot and steaming after I got rivered, I did so anyway. A call when I cannot beat the board must come only when the bettor is the type that will almost always try to drive out choppers. This particular player was not a bluffer, but the $40 was almost worth the price of admission to see his cards.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:27 PM

I call the river here much too often.

That said, uh...I would have 3-bet the turn so I'm not sure what I would have done on this river.

But given the way this hand played out, I would have folded the river.