Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2005, 11:53 PM

Default Re: AK OOP

AKo, raised multiway pot and the sb go together like....ummmmm...things that dont go together. u are asking to put yourself in bad situation building a pot oop with a drawing hand.
Old 11-01-2005, 02:30 AM

bet turn and put no more
Old 11-01-2005, 08:26 AM

Hmm, so the conclusion is vague at best. Some think the line was fine and the situation was horrible, some think I was too passive and others think preflop was the mistake. As it turned out he had AQ

The bet turn block river line is nice in so far as its active and maintains control but the stacks arn't deep enough. Youd have about $10 behind after the river block which is pointless.

The best line on reflection would seem to be bet river, bet turn. I think the flop bet is obvious, CRing would fold all worse hands only getting called by two pair or better. Check calling is interesting but leaves you going into the turn blind. The turn itself is a horrible card because if the opponent has any sense in his flop call you are now only beating AJ, as someone pointed out higher up the thread. This is something I realised at the time (a good thing since it shows higher levels of awareness than I usually demonstrate) and was a big motivation behind my turn check. However this looks like a mistake on reflection.

If I fire again here then I leave my opponent in no doubt that I like my hand. If he raises I'm done, if he calls then I'm done unless a King or possibly a Q (to take be ahead of AT hits the river. When I check I say 'maybe I have something, or maybe I was just continuation betting with KK and now I'll fold. As a result my opponent can bet with almost any two and certainly with KT/JT which are both plausable holding if he's a bad player. So I'm left facing a bet which cold be either a value bet or a bluff with no real clue as to whats going on. As I played it I think the turn call is marginal leaning to EV- and the river call is pretty much EV+.

So if I had to conclude it I'd say the lesson is, if you're not convinced your continuation bets are fully respected fire at the turn to reveal your position in the hand. Since I feel that very few conintuation bets are respected at NL100 this seems like decent general advice.
Old 11-01-2005, 08:32 AM

Bet 2/3-3/4 pot on the turn and fold if raised.
Old 11-01-2005, 09:26 AM

Try to CR the flop so you can at least get alot of money in the pot before he sucks out on you. You got the money in when you were behind.
Old 11-01-2005, 12:54 PM

and after you fire the 2nd shot on the turn and villian just calls, what is your play on the river? that leaves your ~$40 in both your stacks and $100+ pot. what about when river is a non-Queen?