Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2005, 06:37 PM

Default Re: Capped pf with JJ

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Box,

That's what I'm thinking, to raise. If I simply call, I'll have to call the river. I don't want to fold, well, because folding means I lose. Supposing that no one has a king, what would my intention be? If I raised out button, and MP calls (as would loose-passive maybe), what is my action on the river? Free showdown?

[/ QUOTE ]

The showdown is free no matter what. You're trying to win the pot right there on the turn or spike a jack on the river. It's not very likely that you'll win by raising the turn, but in the long run, you'll win often enough that this move will be slightly +EV.

But if you're absolutely sure that MP has you beat and is going to see the river no matter what, you can fold the turn. Given your description of MP and what I know about the majority of dealer chicks who play the 9/18, a raise is almost certainly the correct move.
Old 08-31-2005, 06:40 PM

Hi gh,

[ QUOTE ]
What do you think MP thinks of you? Is she respecting your threebet, or does she just have a hand?

[/ QUOTE ]
That's what bothers me most about the hand. I see WAY too many posters state, "My bets are respected and I'm playing tight-aggressive", and are stretching the truth. I have been playing "let's muck all my hands" so my bets SHOULD be respected, but who knows?! I didn't like her pf cap at all.
Old 08-31-2005, 06:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi gh,

[ QUOTE ]
What do you think MP thinks of you? Is she respecting your threebet, or does she just have a hand?

[/ QUOTE ]
That's what bothers me most about the hand. I see WAY too many posters state, "My bets are respected and I'm playing tight-aggressive", and are stretching the truth. I have been playing "let's muck all my hands" so my bets SHOULD be respected, but who knows?! I didn't like her pf cap at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

MP definitely has a hand. The question is...does she respect you enough to believe that you have AK (or KK, ha ha)? And will her respect for you carry over to a laydown? Again, many of these dealer chicks are prone to laying down monsters.
Old 08-31-2005, 08:02 PM

Default RESULTS

I didn't like my situation because I had someone who cold-called 3 bets cold pf on the button. If for some reason I can get past the MP and the loose-passive, I still have another with whom to contend behind me. Although raising was the juicy choice, I opted to fold. With one less player, I would have raised for sure and folded to a 3-bet on the turn.

RIVER: blank

Checked around. MP had AQo and was on a total bluff. Loose-passive had 88 and takes it down. MP asked me if I folded a big pair. Somehow, someway, I found the strength to say with a straight face, "No, I had AQs." Afterwards, I threw up in my mouth a little bit...and then went to watch BoxTree lose with JJ twice after the flop in NL200.
Old 08-31-2005, 08:05 PM

Default Re: RESULTS

[ QUOTE ]
I threw up in my mouth a little bit.

[/ QUOTE ]

You whore! Give me my Jacks back so I can lose my stack with them when they're actually the losing hand! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]