Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Hold'em

Old 12-27-2005, 02:29 AM

Default 15/30 KK

This table is playing crazy retarded, loose and aggressive. The Button in particular is 68/11/1.07 over a small sample, but he was playing 90/30/1.5 up to this point in the session.

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (9 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Preflop: I am UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">I raise</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: (7.66 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">I bet</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">I 3-bet</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, I call.

Turn: (8.33 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Old 12-27-2005, 02:36 AM

Default Re: 15/30 KK

Anyone as good-looking and well-attired as you clearly needs to bet and call down if raised.

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img],
jason_TT
Old 12-27-2005, 02:44 AM

any reads on button regarding postflop play?

turn is pretty bad esp. if this guys PA is 1.5. I am tempted to just checkcall down but I would probably bet/call the turn and checkcall the river unless a 9 or A hits. I have a hard time putting this guy on a finite range.
Old 12-27-2005, 03:01 AM

Assuming your stats for this session are over a reasonable sample, button's flop cap suggests he likely has a J or a T or was on straight-draw of some kind. I think you are ahead much more often than behind here. I think the villain bets like every time here, so I think check-raising is a reasonable line. Then you can decide whether to just call a 3-bet or cap based on your observations of how much he overplays hands on later streets. This guy looks like a potential nutjob, in which case an overpair plus straight draw is quite a strong hand. Still, I'd generally need to have seen something in his previous postflop play before I capped this turn.

You can also donk the turn, and again your judgment comes in as to whether to 3-bet a raise here, but you must at least consider a 3-bet here, at least based on the info you have given us. (It sounds like to me that villain will certainly cap the turn if given the chance with a pair plus any kind of straight draw and sometimes with complete air.)

On the river, I think anything beyond bet/call if you don't complete your straight draw is excessive.

As a general rule, I try to make the mistake of putting in too many bets in against someone playing maniacal rather than too few. I find that I make that mistake much less frequently that one would expect just by looking at hand histories.
Old 12-27-2005, 03:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone as good-looking and well-attired as you clearly needs to bet and call down if raised.

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img],
jason_TT

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

jason,

The stats you post are pretty ridiculous so a showdown is a must. I bet the turn and call down if he raises and I don't make the straight.
Old 12-27-2005, 05:52 AM

In this position I usually bet the turn and then call down from there.

SGS
Old 12-27-2005, 08:45 AM

3 seems like a good number to put in on this turn. Check-raise, and call down from there.
Old 12-27-2005, 12:11 PM

Am I the only one that bets this turn looking to 3-bet?
Old 12-27-2005, 12:26 PM

I don't see how this is as insteresting as what happens after you bet. Are you debating whether you should bet here?

- Jim
Old 12-27-2005, 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see how this is as insteresting as what happens after you bet. Are you debating whether you should bet here?

- Jim

[/ QUOTE ]

Trying to decide between bet/3-bet, bet/call, check/raise, check/call.