Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 12-26-2005, 07:41 PM

Default Curtains 4: TT Facing Minraise

PartyPoker, Big Blind is t200 (6 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

UTG (t1110)
UTG+1 (t3713)
CO (t765)
Hero (t2535)
SB (t862)
BB (t1015)

Preflop: Hero is in Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">UTG folds</font>, <font color="red">UTG+1 raises t400</font>, <font color="gray">CO folds</font>, hero...
Old 12-26-2005, 07:49 PM

Default Re: Curtains 4: TT Facing Minraise

What's the big stack been up to? I definitely don't want to do anything dumb here against big stack. 6 players left, but that is going to change very quickly in this game.

If big stack is a solid player who just pwns like that, I could reraise. There are 1000 chips in the pot and I don't wanna let someone abuse me too much. But, against a lot of players I could just be a wuss and fold.
Old 12-26-2005, 08:04 PM

This seems fishy, but what do you guys think of reraising to $1000 w/o any reads on villian? It gives the opportunity to fold if he comes over the top and still be in good position, but it can also take down the pot and represent strength. Or is this just asking to be reraised and effectively handing over your comfortable tournament standing?
Like i say, it seems fishy, but would it be viable if original bettor is likely to fold at least half the time?
Old 12-26-2005, 08:07 PM

I probably call looking to either move in on an overpair flop and play velly carefully on others.
Old 12-26-2005, 08:09 PM

Not much in the way of reads that I can tell...looks like villain hasn't done anything extraordinary. At least nothing that curtains could have noticed while 10-tabling.
Old 12-26-2005, 09:25 PM

I don't like reraising to 1000 at all, as you are giving very good odds to call. Depending on the big stack I am either pushing or calling and seeing how the flop looks before committing any more chips.
Old 12-26-2005, 09:31 PM

Pushing here is terrible IMHO, and reraising is even worse. Position still matters! Call and play careful poker.
Old 12-26-2005, 10:07 PM

I've come to the conclusion that if every opponent minraised me regardless of their hands, my ROI would be cut in half. Anytime I see it, I freeze up completely, expecting a monster. I'd fold here. And I know that's wrong.
Old 12-26-2005, 10:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've come to the conclusion that if every opponent minraised me regardless of their hands, my ROI would be cut in half. Anytime I see it, I freeze up completely, expecting a monster. I'd fold here. And I know that's wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL - Same here, BTW. I call and play for set/overpair value...however, I'm not at all happy about pushing with overpair tens in this spot. Maybe I should just fold, too.
Old 12-26-2005, 10:36 PM

Calling could be good I guess, but your chip position is so good that busting with an overpair is tragic, the implied odds probably aren't good enough to play for a set, SB or BB WILL push if they get a reasonable hand, UTG+1 could push over their push just for the hell of it, and a lot of flops like Q72 or such will have you folding the best hand and wasting a lot of chips.