Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2005, 01:21 AM

Default 30 60 BB TP

30 60 party 10 handed, no real reads, as this is my 2nd orbit.

UTG + 1 limps, SB completes, I cehck the BB with J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Flop: J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

SB bets, I raise, limper calls, SB calls.

Turn: A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

SB checks, I bet, both call.

River: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

My Action?
Old 12-09-2005, 02:16 AM

Default Re: 30 60 BB TP

my feeling is that If UTG+1 has K10 or Q10, he is calling me on the river if i bet. However, he isn't going to bet if checked to. The way the hand played out, it looks like SB actually has something and UTG+1 is probably on a draw, so my gut was telling me to value bet to get a call from SB, but I just couldn't pull the trigger.

Also, SB could definitely be calling me down with another Jack that probably has a better kicker than a 6.

I think the line is to just check call, but I wasn't sure.

Results to follow
Old 12-09-2005, 03:51 AM

very hard to put limper on a hand, you'd think if he had a draw he'd 3bet the flop to get a free card, and if he had an ace u think he'd raise the turn to force out sb, very confusing
Old 12-09-2005, 03:53 AM

bet that [censored]!!!

There is a lot of crap that calls you. Namely any T holding onto the vain hope that you are making one final bluff with your missed flush. Also, PPs do actually flip up here too. Odds of getting raised are slim to none. Also, You outkick J5. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-09-2005, 06:30 AM

Since no one did anything on the turn you can't give them credit for the A. Barring that what do they have to beat you besides a better J? Go ahead and bet.
Old 12-09-2005, 09:09 PM

OK, I guess I goofed this one. I ended up checking, it got checked down. SB had K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], and limper had Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. MHIG.

Obviously neither is calling a river bet (maybe the SB throws out a desperate attempt), so it looks like I made the same regardless, but I think you guys are right and I should've bet this river. I obviously am not putting them on an ace, or i would've seen a turn raise most likely, and I will get a call from either of them holding a 10. My fear was that limper was holding a better jack than me, but i still gotta bet the river knowing that this is a definite possiblity. OH well.