Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2005, 06:02 PM

Default Xbox Mods

My son is getting an XBox for Christmas and wants it moded so that he can play backed up games and load games from the hard drive. I don't squat about this stuff so I'm turning to OOT for advice. Can any of the gamers out there recommend a good Mod Chip for the XBox?

I've been looking at this one, but I want to know if there is something better out there.

Thank you for helping an old fart make is 14 year old son think he's cool!

Mars
Old 12-03-2005, 06:02 PM

Default Re: Xbox Mods

Xecutor
Old 12-03-2005, 06:17 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

and you only have to enable blatant theft to do it!
Old 12-03-2005, 07:44 PM

there are plenty of legitimate reasons for a mod chip. do you have some inside info as to his intent?
Old 12-03-2005, 08:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

and you only have to enable blatant theft to do it!

[/ QUOTE ]

Mein Gott! Imagine if the kid had asked for a DVD burner instead. Wait, Wal*Mart sells those; those devices must not enable "blatant" theft, only the surreptitious kind.
Old 12-04-2005, 12:13 AM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

please.

tell me, what do you think the odds are that this kid knows about modchips/"backed up games" and doesn't want this for piracy?
Old 12-04-2005, 12:53 AM

I use my modded Xbox for watching downloaded TV shows/movies (piracy, yes, but not Xbox piracy) on my HDTV far more often than I use it for playing games.

That said, astro's probably right about the kid's intentions. The kid will probably end up trying to play a downloaded game on Live and get himself banned though.
Old 12-04-2005, 01:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My son is getting an XBox for Christmas and wants it moded so that he can play backed up games and load games from the hard drive. I don't squat about this stuff so I'm turning to OOT for advice. Can any of the gamers out there recommend a good Mod Chip for the XBox?

I've been looking at this one, but I want to know if there is something better out there.

Mars

[/ QUOTE ]

If installed incorrectly and hurts system microsoft isnt responsible, if he plays anything on xbox live and uses moded files his account could easily be banned.
Old 12-04-2005, 02:14 AM

The xecuter series of chips are probably the most popular. However, a lot of those chips are a bit pricey and the features are totally unneeded.

I have a Duox2. It's a cheaper chip but works well. It's a dual-bank chip so you can flash the bios and don't risk destorying it if something goes wrong. Installation was pretty easy, but requires soldering.

Lots of information at www.xbox-scene.com if you havn't found that site already.