Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2005, 05:00 AM

Default Re: To the better $22 and $33 players...

You were more fun when you talked about how Africa was the cradle of civilization. If you don't revert to rambling about Africa again I will report you to the mods.
Old 12-04-2005, 05:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, I would have made the comment if it was a picture of a white guy with a mullet and one tooth sitting in a Porsche. You're the one who brought race into it. As per defending others words, it's not my responsibility, as I have explained my interpretation as such. As for the relationship between class, status, and race, you made that connection, and are the racist. There are many wealthy minorities, who don't wear 1 billion diamonds and don't drink cristal OUT OF THE BOTTLE. Look at Oprah. Where's her bling? It's not there, because she took her financial success and capitalized it into wealth. Also, by grouping "everyone" into an assumption, you perpectuate racism by expecting everyone here to be a racist. You perpetuate racism through your expectations just as others do through stereotypes.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're smart, you know Chris's comment had to do with class, status, power and race. Why would there be a need to compare Shaquille O'Neal's financial position to that of the owner of the Lakers, Jerry Buss? No matter who influential, successful and wealthy Oprah becomes--- she will never be able to duplicate Bill Gate's social class, status, or power in society or business. If you pay enough attention to Oprah, she has more than her fair share of bling and it's alot more expensive than what anybody in the picture is wearing. The difference? Class, status, and power. To most, this is just a picture full of rappers cuffing 40s with attention-grabbing jewelry on. Your assumption wreaked of being laced with stereotypes and a racial undertone. I don't believe for one second that you would have said the same had it been a picture full of white men.

[/ QUOTE ]

you're becoming boring. go hang out in the politics forum.
Old 12-04-2005, 05:07 AM

DBACH, feel free to move this request to PM. If anyone bitches to me that you are nagging or spamming them, though, then you know the drill at this point.
Closed Thread