Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2005, 12:45 PM

Default Thinking about buying this monitor

I'd like to 4 table without overlap. I've searched- but I can't find an answer. Before I buy a new monitor- how do you figure out if your video card can support 1600x1200. I have a Dell 3000 desktop (I know- very basic) It's less than a year old. I would like to keep the costs low fow now- so an LCD is not an option. I found this on E-bay. Less than $100 after shipping. Any opinions are appreciated. Thanks from a Noob.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Dell-19-D1226H-Compu...1QQcmdZViewItem
Old 11-23-2005, 12:59 PM

Default Re: Thinking about buying this monitor

i've heard you can get ones just like it for the same price at circuit city or the good guys or similer places.
Old 11-23-2005, 01:11 PM

the cheapest monitor that does 1600x1200 will do just fine

it's just online poker; specs don't matter too much so long as it handles the resolution (unless the hz are horrible at that res, then could bother ur eyes with the flicker)
Old 11-23-2005, 01:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Before I buy a new monitor- how do you figure out if your video card can support 1600x1200.

[/ QUOTE ]

Control Panel>Display>Settings Tab, move the Screen Resolution slider to the far right to determine your max resolution.
Old 11-23-2005, 01:34 PM

Try accurateit.com a 2+2er recommended them to me and i got 2 21 inch screens sent to me for around 200 bucks with free shipping!!! The free shipping wasn't listed in fact it was supposed to be 80 dollars, but if you send them an email telling them you are interested in a cheap 1600 x 1200 monitor they'll respond with a great deal.
Old 11-23-2005, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Before I buy a new monitor- how do you figure out if your video card can support 1600x1200.

[/ QUOTE ]

Control Panel>Display>Settings Tab, move the Screen Resolution slider to the far right to determine your max resolution.

[/ QUOTE ]

this will not work for most people who have their hardware and drivers properly installed. that will only tell you if your graphics card and monitor together can handle a certain resolution in most cases.

the best way is to google your graphics card and check its specs.

c
Old 11-23-2005, 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Control Panel>Display>Settings Tab, move the Screen Resolution slider to the far right to determine your max resolution

[/ QUOTE ]

So I did this and mine did not go that high. I had checked before, but I wasn't sure if the limitation was due to the monitor, the card or both. I assume I need a new video card?
Old 11-23-2005, 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this will not work for most people who have their hardware and drivers properly installed. that will only tell you if your graphics card and monitor together can handle a certain resolution in most cases.

the best way is to google your graphics card and check its specs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gothca- I'll give a try- thanks