Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2005, 07:50 PM

Default Comment on 2 Hands please

Having a rough go of it lately, wanted your opinion on a couple hands. I'm trying to determine if my current losing streak is due to poor play or bad luck. Seems my good hands are finding a way to be second best.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Note: CO has VP$IP of 67% over 50 hands.

Preflop: Hero is BB with Ah, As.
1 fold, UTG+1 calls, 2 folds, CO calls, 2 folds, Hero raises, UTG+1 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 9d, 5h, Ks (3 players)
Hero checks, UTG+1 bets, CO calls, Hero raises, UTG+1 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) 9h (3 players)
Hero bets, UTG+1 calls, CO raises, Hero calls, UTG+1 folds.

River: (11.25 BB) 7s (2 players)
Hero checks, CO bets, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13.25 BB

I was wondering if I should have refrained from betting the turn when the 9h came? I had a sick feeling my opponent had just made trips. I thought about it, but decided to continue to be aggressive. Finally, on the river, I was fairly sure I was beaten, but called the bet anyway because of the size of the pot and the looseness of my opponent.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (7 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

River: (7.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB

On this hand, I felt my opponent had probably made the flush on the river, but with top two pair, could I possibly lay down? I felt I had to call because of the size of the pot and the fact that I was heads-up.
Old 10-20-2005, 08:46 PM

Default Re: Comment on 2 Hands please

Try to get both hands in 2+2 format next time.

Hand 1: Why did you check the flop? Fine after that.

Hand 2: Fine unless you have a read on your opponent that he won't bet without the nuts.