Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2005, 03:31 AM

Default Re: Most Interesting Drinking game you\'ve heard of

[ QUOTE ]

In London, there's a tube line that is a circle (ie never ending), called appropriately enough 'the circle line'. I believe it has 22 stops, and the idea is to start at one station, get off at each station, find a bar, drink 1/2 a pint of something, and then head back to the station to the next stop.

The real game includes the provision of directions at each stop to the nearest bar, and the idea is you jump off, get your drink, down it, and get back in time for the next train (say, 5-8 minutes?)

[/ QUOTE ]

That sounds awesome. I'm gonna have to go to London just to try it.
Old 10-18-2005, 03:32 AM

I'm in.

The only downside is, you play this at a time the bars are busy, there's no way you can get drinks in that fast. But that'll just have to be an allowable offence, I guess.

Also, if you play it right, you can pick up taggers (girls preferably, but crazy tourists also seem game and are fun) as you go, which is even more fun.
Old 10-18-2005, 03:35 AM

By far the most fun drinking game I have ever played is "Beer Die". There are two people on each of two teams. You need four cups of beer, a table, four chairs, and a single, ordinary 6-sided die. There might be variations on the rules, but this is how we play:

1) People are seated at each of four corners of a preferably long table that produces good bounce for the die.

2) The die is tossed by one side (alternating players with each toss). If the die is not tossed at least as high as the tallest seated player (while seated), the toss is no good. The toss must hit the table and then travel between the cups at the other end of the table (the cups are placed at the four corners of the table). If the toss is caught by the other team, then they toss. In order for a catch to be good, it must be with ONE hand and can use no other part of the body. If not, the catch is no good. If there is no catch or the catch is no good, that's a point.

2) 5 points for either side ends the game

3) 5 sips = 1 point. Sips can be obtained by your toss hitting the opposing team's cup, if a toss is not high enough, or if a player's toss misses the table completely.

4) If a toss actually falls into the opposing team's cup, then that team must finish their beers.

5) If a toss stops completely on the table and lands on 5, the tossing team must finish their beers, and spit out the die. If the die falls off the table during the spitting out process, that team must finish again. If, after spitting out the die, it lands on 5 again, that team must finish again. This is done until it stays on the table and it's not a 5. The same rule applies if at any time a player sets the die down on the table (for whatever reason), and it is a 5.

You could play without the finishes, but that's just not as fun. There are lots of variations on the rules, but I think the way we play is best.
Old 10-18-2005, 03:36 AM

If you played this with Bitter (English ale - you guys know that?), could you call it 'die bitter' ? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-18-2005, 03:37 AM

Here are some "if x" games I've done:

Family Guy: Whenever there is a flashback or cut-away

Futurama: Whenever bender is rude (inspired by the opening screen of an episode: "When You See The Robot, Drink!"

Olymics: Whenever they show the flame.

2004 Debate: Whenever Kerry says "Thank You" or Bush says "um"

Hannity & Colmes: Whenever sean hannity inturupts the guest.

Big Lobowski: Whenever the dude has a drink (everyone's done this one right?

WSOP: Whenever a commentator makes an ex-wife joke or says "wow"

Really Obscure DVD Commentary Games:

Futurama: Whenever a producer/writer/actor asks the animators "Is that 3d or 2d?" or an animator says "That was hard to stage"

Simpsons Season 1: Whenever they remark about how terrible the animation is.
Old 10-18-2005, 03:40 AM

We did the 100 shots of beer in 100 minutes game last saturday. It was a lot of fun, my favourite for sure. We downloaded a lot of songs about beer which made it even more fun. Nearly everyone ended throwing up, except for me. The downside - I could barely walk by the end of the night though. After a couple more pints.

[ QUOTE ]
If you played this with Bitter (English ale - you guys know that?), could you call it 'die bitter' ? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

Power hour and a half? That definitely would not be good for my 135 pound frame.
Old 10-18-2005, 03:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Post the most interesting drinking game you've heard of

[/ QUOTE ]

Its easily "13 drinks"

Only 4 people can play, and everyone is given a suit and then someone flips over each card in a deck and you drink each time your suit shows up.
Old 10-18-2005, 03:44 AM

Too long ago for you young guys, but a popular dorm game in my day was 'Bob Newhart' (the Chicago series): When a character says "Bob" drink, when character says "Hi, Bob" chug. Good way to get hammered in 30 minutes.