Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2005, 02:33 PM

Default A few procedural things for SSNL

first off, the board has been reallygood lately. i think a lot of that has to do with having a mod. good work xorbie.

second, what do you guys think of a "how to post" thread. a lot fo interesting hands are going to the wayside because the poster titles them "what to do here?" etc.

third, how about a sort of gentleman's agreement to make one hand post per day with say a max of three hands. when many people put like 5 individual hand posts up it dilutes the number of responses that each thread gets and often there are threads that get posted with no good responses, which is bad.

fim
Old 08-25-2005, 02:36 PM

Default Re: A few procedural things for SSNL

fim
Old 08-25-2005, 02:39 PM

I think alot of people find it tiresome to read 3+ hands in one post. I don't really have anything to back this up with, but I sense that the post I have made that contain 3+ hands, get few ansers.
Old 08-25-2005, 02:40 PM

I think it's a good idea. I believe something along these lines was going in the FAQ that was to be stickied. I clearly think the whole one post per day thing should be nothing more than a guideline since I posted three at once yesterday but that was because I thought at least one of them would be pretty quick and because I hadn't posted a hand in a while before that. But I definitely don't think anyone should really AVERAGE more than 1 or 2 hands per day.
Old 08-25-2005, 02:41 PM

Oh, I agree with this. But why not just select the most important one or two hands from each day and post those instead of the five most interesting ones? I think that really good discussion of 2 hands would be more beneficial for everyone than mediocre, non-concentrated discussion of 5 or 6 hands. Imagine if there were only 10 hands posted each day but every single one of the best posters made a long detailed response (or several) in every thread. Wouldn't that be SO much better than having 100 hands posted and having people kinda responding quickly or randomly to a few of them?
Old 08-25-2005, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think alot of people find it tiresome to read 3+ hands in one post. I don't really have anything to back this up with, but I sense that the post I have made that contain 3+ hands, get few ansers.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think that also may be a function of the fact that you're now a known poster. if i see like TWP, you, xorbie etc. posting hands i'll open them up and respond, but very often the guy with 45 posts will post a really good hand and nobody looks or responds because nobody knows him and the post volume here is so high that his question falls down real fast.

fim
Old 08-25-2005, 02:51 PM

I completely agree with your second part - all the time I see some guy decides to post 5 hands in a one hour period, and getting 1-2 responses on each, when it would probably be better to just post 1 or 2 important hands a day. And people take notice when someone keeps posting hands without really contributing to other hands.
Old 08-25-2005, 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And people take notice when someone keeps posting hands without really contributing to other hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that a lot of the new poster dont have the confidence to give their advice and thats why they only post their hands.
Old 08-25-2005, 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And people take notice when someone keeps posting hands without really contributing to other hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that a lot of the new poster dont have the confidence to give their advice and thats why they only post their hands.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think anyone objects to that (although I'm sure they would learn a lot from trying to contribute to other people's thread, too, I know I did) but there may be others who are playing NL100 or NL200 and post more than they contribute.
Old 08-25-2005, 03:14 PM

I don't like the multiple hand threads. If people are going to post three hands I would prefer them posting three seperate threads.

A "How to post"-thread is a good idea.