Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications

Old 08-17-2005, 05:25 PM

Default Book review

2 questions:
1. Is there a list of books that Mason M. has reviewed somewhere online? I know of the list in the back of Gambling theory but there are new books out and wanted to know what his thoughts were on them.

2. Has anyone read King Yao's book? I thought I was getting a book on just Hold Em odds but I actually found out that it is a strategy book as well....comments?
-MP
Old 08-17-2005, 05:56 PM

Default Re: Book review

This might be what your looking for - http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/...mp;o=&vc=1
Old 08-21-2005, 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Has anyone read King Yao's book? I thought I was getting a book on just Hold Em odds but I actually found out that it is a strategy book as well....comments?
-MP

[/ QUOTE ]

I want to try using his DIPO method because it seems easier but I need to know if there are some objections due to theory or mathematics.
Old 08-22-2005, 12:19 AM

yes , Kings book is very good. It doesnt replace hfap21st century but comes close.
Old 08-22-2005, 02:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Has anyone read King Yao's book? I thought I was getting a book on just Hold Em odds but I actually found out that it is a strategy book as well....comments?
-MP

[/ QUOTE ]

I want to try using his DIPO method because it seems easier but I need to know if there are some objections due to theory or mathematics.

[/ QUOTE ]

In most situations, DIPO is fine. There was a post a couple months ago that gave some times when it didn't exactly work out, but you can use it without making any gameplay mistakes.