View Poll Results: My Best BB/100 for 1k Hands
10.1 or higher 53 81.54%
4.1 - 7.0 2 3.08%
7.1 - 10.0 9 13.85%
2.0 - 4.0 1 1.54%
0.1 - 1.9 0 0%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-20-2005, 01:14 PM

Default Re: Who should be sided with in this fantasy football situation?

A little further clarification. Linups do not have to be set before all games start. As long as that player hasnt played yet they can be changed. Also, No one knew about the linup change thing until monday morning after all the scores were in--that is part of why there is a problem.
Old 12-20-2005, 02:11 PM

Player B wins because Player A essentially had a freeroll in these 2 positions. If LJ Smith and Hines Ward had gone off he would have kept his fat mouth shut and been like, "whew! Good thing Larry the commissioner wasn't home or I'd be out of the playoffs!!" If Player A wins it's a travesty, unless the commissioner would have retroactively made the substitutions if it caused Player A to lose.
-James
Old 12-20-2005, 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Player B wins because Player A essentially had a freeroll in these 2 positions. If LJ Smith and Hines Ward had gone off he would have kept his fat mouth shut and been like, "whew! Good thing Larry the commissioner wasn't home or I'd be out of the playoffs!!" If Player A wins it's a travesty, unless the commissioner would have retroactively made the substitutions if it caused Player A to lose.
-James

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point. Plus I have a hard time believing Player A couldn't find another computer with internet or call someone with internet. If it was a money league, I would find a way. Also, if the commish allows this, what do you say to Player C who says "I had that same problem three weeks ago - I didn't think calling the commish and leaving a message with lineup changes would be allowed."

ScottieK
Old 12-20-2005, 04:11 PM

11:30 EST?
If you guys are playing for money I would go with team B. Team A could of easily go to a local internet cafe and make changes.l
Old 12-20-2005, 04:18 PM

Its for $ but nothing major. Winner gets $150.

BTW I was team B and I'm pretty sure the commish is gonna side with A. It looks like people are split 50-50 so its close enough that I'm not going to make a fuss.
Old 12-20-2005, 04:24 PM

I can't believe this is so close, this is so simple. Player B won. Period.

It is Player A's responsibility to get his lineup right for his games, whether he does it or has a friend do it, or the commish do it. If the commish doesn't check his messages that's tough for Player A. Player A should NOT have been content to just leave it at a voicemail. This is fantasy football we're tlaking about. I also refuse to believe that the internet is not accesible to anyone, even if they're "out of town."
Old 12-20-2005, 04:35 PM

depends on league rules.

since this has happened a few times in our league, we've basically had the rule in the place that no phone call changes are allowed, period.

commish has said this ahead of time, so everyone knows the rules. if you want, you can call a buddy and have him make the change online.

if there was no rule in place, and everyone is buddies, then player A should get the victory
Old 12-20-2005, 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
-James

[/ QUOTE ]

The changes should be made irregardless of what points the players scored or what effect they have on the outcome.

Unless the league has some stated rule that it's not the commish's job to make roster changes at the request of players. If there's players who've had the commish make roster changes before then this isn't REMOTELY close. If this is the first such incident all year, and there's no stated rule, then I can maybe see it. It's still a stupid decision but whatever.

This is why you spell out all these types of rules ahead of time, by the way.
Old 12-20-2005, 07:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If this is the first such incident all year, and there's no stated rule, then I can maybe see it.

[/ QUOTE ]

This league is in its second year and somthing like this has never come up before.
Old 12-20-2005, 07:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you are too lazy or busy to make changes when an owner calls you to make them then you have no business being commissioner.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get paid to run the league...I don't get a free entry fee or extra juice on the payouts. My buddies wanted a league to be started, I have the most online savvy and know the most about football and so I have administered the league.

I am not of the opinion that doing the work of other team owners is part of the job of the commissioner. It isn't that I'm too busy...and it's certainly not because I'm lazy (having a late sleeping schedule is not indicative of laziness). I run the draft, I've collected the money, I will payout the money, I have mediated any decisions that have required my attention, all with fairness and promptness...why does being commish put me on the hook for changing your lineup when you have not been responsible enough to properly manage your own team?