Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2005, 08:27 PM

Default AKo

Button is a TAG, SB is a fish.

Party Poker 20/40 Hold'em (4 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (13 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (8 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

River: (11 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB calls, Hero ??

The flop check was a misclick [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 10-05-2005, 08:32 PM

Default Re: AKo

Fold it, you not good 9% here. I think button has atleast a pair in his hand(atleast a majority of the time), and even if he doesn't you have to factor in the SB.

Lemme guess, you folded and Button showed AK, sb showed some Ax of spades..
Old 10-05-2005, 08:37 PM

I guess you can fold since your hoping for a 3 way chop, but that flop misclick sucks.
Old 10-06-2005, 04:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Fold it, you not good 9% here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if he was going to win $ I think that number has to be much higher than 9% due to the split.
Old 10-06-2005, 07:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Fold it, you not good 9% here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if he was going to win $ I think that number has to be much higher than 9% due to the split.

[/ QUOTE ]

And it probably is, i'm just trying to sound smart...
Old 10-05-2005, 08:41 PM

I think SB is the main concern here, not the button. The button could easily be making a freeroll bet with an ace (especially because the fishy SB), and I think his range is pretty close to his 3 betting range, with maybe the aces discounted like 1/3-1/2.

I hate to give these types of answers, but I think it depends on how much and in what way SB is a fish. If he is less fishy then like 70+vpip and 55+wtsd (6max stats)I would fold call. Remember he called 3 cold (albeit from the sb) preflop so he could easily have a pp over 66.

You could easily be looking at a 3 way split, and it is very unlikely you will win the whole pot. Thusly, your pot odds are closer to 4 to 1 then 11 to 1.
Old 10-05-2005, 09:32 PM

Ugg, I fold. I can't imagine you playing for more than half the pot best case scenerio and I think you are losing that last bet more often than you are pulling in your tiny side pot. Being ahead doesn't really enter my mind.

Krishan - 120
Old 10-05-2005, 09:48 PM

sweet, you guys woulda all folded the winner too.

Buton showed KQo and sb shoed Q5o. I quickily realized that my read on button was a bit off and he was actually pretty LAG. I dont think he even realized how genious his river bet was.
Old 10-05-2005, 09:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have considered donking the turn after the misclick. That's a pretty good turn card for you. I would be bet/folding.

Krishan
Old 10-05-2005, 09:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have considered donking the turn after the misclick. That's a pretty good turn card for you. I would be bet/folding.

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

What about CRing the flop? That was my first instinct after the misclick but then i was like meh, im just gonna try to get to SD. Too bad I didnt follow through with that plan [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]