Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-08-2005, 02:37 AM

Default Allin every hand study finished. Post Mortem time.

Ok, those of you that have been following THIS thread may be happy to know that I finally finished the study. Final results were as follows.

360 $215 SNG's played.
58-42 record when i got Heads Up for Title (HU4T)
478744 total starting chips.

What does all this mean? Not a ton, but here's what I get out of it.

Given my average HU4T starting chipstack of 4787, average would figure to be about 47 wins,(rounding down for big stacks inherent edge.), but I had 58. Did I get lucky? Maybe. Were there times I KNEW my opponet was terrible and hated pushing with equal stacks with 25o only to be called by 94o and be far behind. More than I ever figured on. But what I can say with pretty good authority i feel is that if you think your HU4T game sucks, push from the button every single time if one of you is under 10x BB, period. You won't go far wrong.
Now, for a counter strategy to this, I would recommend first making sure this is what you are up against, and then call with the top 47% or so of hands, just for a bit of added cushion in case he MIGHT have a hand, and even calling looser than that MAY not be terrible, as there is a good chance he will abort pushbot strategy if he sees you are loosening up properly.

-Pushbot HU4T is a viable strategy(which I knew)
-It is likely a better strategy than I was using before (which I suspected)
-I need to push more often in my regular play HU4T from now on (which I suspected)

This was a very good learning experience for me, and I hope some of you got something out of it too. How this, or similar strategies will works at lower levels, I don't know for sure, but I suspect it works better the better your opponents are, to a certain point.

P.S. I forgot to mention that doing this cut down on my average hands played when HU4T pretty significantly, so since time is $$$, it even gives more credence to this style of play.