Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-23-2005, 01:07 PM

Default Re: I\'m going broke here everytime right? AKs 100NL

[ QUOTE ]
I just sat down maybe 2-3 hands ago, I had 5 hands on villain as I played this, 60/20 stats or something like that. UTG was same thing, similar stats and 5 hands on him, no clue who either are. I put MP squarely on a set of deuces, there was nothing else I could see, which is also what he had. But I kept thinking "I can't fold top2 with AK, so just get the money in there already you [censored] wimp". And so, AKs is still a losing hand for me after 32k hands on party.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

MP ($87.35)
Hero ($100.85)
Button ($103.60)
SB ($91.85)
BB ($47)
UTG ($84.60)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG calls $1, MP calls $1, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $6</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG calls $5, MP calls $5.

Flop: ($19.50) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $18</font>, UTG calls $18, MP calls $18.

Turn: ($73.50) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets $20</font>, Hero calls $76.85 (All-In), UTG folds, MP calls $43.35 (All-In).

River: ($213.70) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $213.70

Betting less on the flop so I could get away seems impossible considering draws, calling turn seems to suck ass, and folding is just all out weak. But I just see no other hands than 22 that would call my allin on turn, maybe K2, A2, but it seems farfetched to me against an unknown. No other way to play this right?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm really working on turning around my AKs play from losing to winning.

Some comments:

I like the 6bb bet preflop.

Betting 1/2 the pot on the flop is not enough. Giving a flush draw 3 to 1 plus implied odds on a 4 to 1 draw is not making the opponent make a mistake.

Default play vs a 2 flush board is you should be betting 2/3 to 3/4 of the pot. ($13 to $14)
That way you give the flush draws bad odds but don't bloat the pot. Harrington on Holdem addresses this issue directly.
But here I think the OP wants to bloat the pot since he thinks he's ahead right?

What do you think the $20 with $43.35 behind on the turn is?
The six is unlikely to help anyone and you just bet the pot and got called. Is it meant to look like a blocking bet from a flush draw?

He's offering your odds of $93 for a $20 bet.

That's fabulous odds and he knows it.

If you call and then catch one of 2 A's or 2 K's then you can put him all in with your boat giving him odds of $156 for $43 to call you at the risk of letting a flush in for cheap.

Why would he make a $20 blockbet/potsweetener/suckbet on the turn after closing the action on the fop?

You can probably put me down as another person who will go broke in this hand. I'm not sure how to not lose.
Old 12-23-2005, 01:21 PM

I'd check-fold turn, it's obvious I'm beat. I agree with Gunther, you guys just don't have the discipline to fold your overvalued AKo.
Old 12-23-2005, 01:36 PM

The thing i love about these boards, is that people get so damned caught up in "the right play" about a hand that's isolated and out of context. Even when somebody gives descriptions of reads, the hand is still out of context. This argument (fold or push) is really down to ones personal style and aggression. What i'm trying to say is...can't we all just get along?

[ QUOTE ]
I'd check-fold turn, it's obvious I'm beat. I agree with Gunther, you guys just don't have the discipline to fold your overvalued AKo.

[/ QUOTE ]

The guy played his set horribly IMO, especially PF and on the flop. He's lucky that somebody (hero) hit the flop hard so they would keep leading into his monster hand. The only warning signal was the 20 dollar bet, which would get me thinking: "crap, flush draw or set...which one does he have?"

I'm going broke more times than i'm folding.
Old 12-23-2005, 01:53 PM

I like a 3xBB raise with AK as I want AQ, ,AJ and AT to call (and KQ and KJ is possible)..why force out only the hands you dominate?

Pairs are calling anyway..