Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2005, 12:37 PM

Default Make my hand and fold anyways?

This was at a 400 nl 6 max table on party. No real read on villan except he seemed standard enough. Anyways, I limp 33 UTG, villan limps in CO, and BB makes it 16. I call as does villan.

Flop comes 445 suited. BB checks, I bet 40, villan calls, bb fold. Turn is a 6. I check? Villan bets 50, I figure wtv and call. Pot is now 230. River is a 2 making my straight. The hand I put villan on the whole way was a higher overpair, so I fire out 125, hoping to get piad off. Instead villan moves in for another 176. At first im thinking this should be an easy fold, he has to have a fh right? I mean only a moron could move in there and not beat a straigth. However this is party and I seem some pretty dumb shiit and the pot was so big, I was wondering what the correct play was.
Old 12-07-2005, 12:52 PM

Default Re: Make my hand and fold anyways?

Looks like he has 55 or 44. Once he called the 50 bet by you I would assume he doesnt have AA, KK or he probably would have raised. When you check turn he bets 50, looks like he wants you to get there. Wierd river, tough hand I guess you have to call since you hit and hope he is a donkey.
Old 12-07-2005, 12:52 PM

Fold the turn.
Old 12-07-2005, 12:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very possible option. However I put him on an overpair and dont like folding good draws at a cheap price when players have a habit of paying off to value bets.
Old 12-07-2005, 12:57 PM

Even the worst players dont play over pairs like this. This turn looks like a monster.
Old 12-07-2005, 01:01 PM

I try to make it a habit not to chase one-card sucker straight draws on paired two-flush boards out of position.
Old 12-07-2005, 01:03 PM

do you really think you're good here less than 20% of the time?
Old 12-07-2005, 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
However this is party and I seem some pretty dumb shiit and the pot was so big

[/ QUOTE ]

This is why I would call--river raise looks like a fh, but I can't beleive the [censored] people do sometimes, with odds that good at this level I probably put the rest in and hope the guy isn't that good.
Old 12-07-2005, 02:42 PM

The simplicity of playing small pp is flop it or drop it.

Your hand range for villain is way too narrow. and speaking of hands, what kind of hand range can villain put you on? Limps UTG, calls a raise from the BB, leads the flop into a paired board when BB doesn't make a CB, then checks the turn when the str8 hits, but calls a weak bet OOP, then fires at the river?

From the looks of it villain has a big hand and is patiently waiting for you to make something. Lucky for him you made the low end of a str8 that was already there on the turn.

Check fold the flop.
Old 12-07-2005, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The simplicity of playing small pp is flop it or drop it.

Your hand range for villain is way too narrow. and speaking of hands, what kind of hand range can villain put you on? Limps UTG, calls a raise from the BB, leads the flop into a paired board when BB doesn't make a CB, then checks the turn when the str8 hits, but calls a weak bet OOP, then fires at the river?

From the looks of it villain has a big hand and is patiently waiting for you to make something. Lucky for him you made the low end of a str8 that was already there on the turn.

Check fold the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stright wasnt there on the turn. Bt besides from that you make alot of good points. Only thing I dont agree with is betting the flop, it takes it down 50% of the time +. Of all the things I did in this hand, betting the flop is the one I question the least. I make that bet every time.