Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2005, 12:03 PM

Default Re: KK unimproved, facing a push and a call

Based on the reasoning and method you played preflop & flop, I agree the turn call is automatic. You were trying to induce action. You got that action. Why wouldn't you call?

It would probably be +EV for you to not be so incindiary when you post here, however. People are just trying to help your game.
Old 11-29-2005, 12:05 PM

I don't understand preflop or flop. Turn I also don't get. I like the river, though, assuming you didn't somehow manage to fold once all in.

Edit: Just to clarify - I am tickled pink to get all-in on the turn against both guys here on this board. They will both have a ten or worse a large percentage of the time. But I don't think your line is the best way to do that. And you give up a lot when they completely miss the flop by not re-raising preflop.
Old 11-29-2005, 12:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
do you play in these games? i was against jt and kt.

who cares, let this thread die, it is retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just for future reference, if you want to let us in on why you made the unorthodox play (such as more comprehensive reads on the players and the table in general) then you probably wouldn't get so much attention on the PF play.
Old 11-29-2005, 12:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"omg, i gave up some equity pf because i know it would kill/severely limit my action against the moron postflop" oh well.

[/ QUOTE ]

you wanted action, you got action, you have to call...i think you're beat here a lot though.

EDIT: lol, i just saw that grunch wrote pretty much the same thing.
Old 11-29-2005, 12:11 PM

I believe that I would have been reraising into this type of player with a lot of hands other than AA or KK. Your unorthodox play wasn't to get the maniac but to get the other player who was also out to stack him. No way most players go all in with TPGK at that level. If so then I really need to start playing 6 max.

My thoughts would be that you could have reraised pre flop without AA or KK against this player... also pushing flop is the only thing you should do since a flush draw is out there and a large enough % of your stack is already being committed with a call to justify a push. If they are both bad then they should attempt to draw but they are at least paying the price.

Glad it worked out this time... when I get home I should post a hand of mine from last night KK vs. 104s... KK hits set and trys to slowplay... I bet like a madman with my draw and hit on river and double up.

Guin
Old 11-29-2005, 12:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really need to start playing 6 max.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-29-2005, 12:19 PM

you dont? why not?
Old 11-29-2005, 12:27 PM

Because the way you played it preflop I would just lead out for the pot on the flop and then push the turn. These guys love to call, but can't be relied upon to raise and your line will not get the money in fast enough to prevent scare cards from killing your hand/action. And I would re-raise preflop because more often than not they will both miss the flop completely instead of both hitting top pair.
Old 11-29-2005, 12:32 PM

TWP-- just to clarify, are you saying you would never use OP's line or that its not optimal? I don't think its optimal but I don't think its bad as a once-in-a-while play.
Old 11-29-2005, 12:35 PM

Once in a while plays at NL100 are like saying "I usually prefer $20 to $10 but once in a while I like to take the $10. Just to mix it up." I never take that line in that game.