Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2005, 10:40 PM

Default Great Comeback late in tourney

PTY 20/2 NL 850 entries, 16 people left, blinds 4k/8k avg stack is 53k. After a beat, with an approximately equal stack I am down to only 412 chips. Anyways, I got extremely lucky, managed to double, triple, etc... up several times and make it to the final table with the small stack and end up coming back and winning it. It was amazing considering I had 1/20th of a bb and about less than 1/100th of the average stack. Anyone else, have any comeback experience similar to this? If you want to see the HH feel free to PM me.
Old 09-25-2005, 11:12 PM

Default Re: Great Comeback late in tourney

wow that might be better then "thehatter" comeback in one of the major sunday tournys a few months ago. I think he had 800 chips with the blinds of 4k/8k level or something but i cant remember exactly
Old 09-25-2005, 11:15 PM

Default Re: Great Comeback late in tourney

In a Limit 100, about 150 start, We are on the FT and I am down to 1700 chips, but just posted a 500 chips SB.

Hero has Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG raises, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, Co calls, Hero calls for 1700 and is AI, BB calls.

Flop A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG Bets, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 raises, CO folds, BB calls, UTG 3bets, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, BB calls.

Turn T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG bets, UTG+1 folds, MP1 raises, MP3 3bets, CO caps, UTG calls, MP1 folds, MP3 calls.

River, 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Check to CO, CO bets, all call.

Q9 is good for a comparitively small main pot. I went on to win it and a cool $2800 or so.