Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2005, 10:02 PM

Default Re: What PP 15/30 players do you LEAST like to see at your table??

I was the originator of that play. All others are copycats [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 03-08-2005, 10:40 PM

I have used 4 handles so far on party and empire (two on each site). I am probably also going to open a few more accounts on other skins in order to play under even more different handles. If you play on just one skin, I think it's crazy not to change your name every 6 months.

I have also considered pulling this stunt:

Me playing under a new handle: "hey there Dcfirths...how did you end up doing last night?"

Dcfirths: Who the hell are you?

me: "Oh sorry. I forgot I am playing under this handle today on Empire. My name is also 'Jokers wild' when I am on Party...we were chatting last night.

DcFIRTHS might say: "I still don't know you...you must have the wrong guy"

Or, not wishing to sound rude or perhaps just not wanting to argue the point, he might simply say "Oh okay...I did all right by the end of the day...thanks for asking"

What he says doesn't matter but what might matter is everyone else on the table marking me and "Jokers wild" as aliases...heh

Anything one can do to corrupt PT databases on oneself has to be a good thing....heh

BTW Dcfirths, I am pretty sure that I know your new name. How? well, if I say how, that might give it away to everyone but I think that you know how I might know. We only played about 20 minutes or so together. Next time, I will say "hi" so long as you promise not to pull off a trifecta on me...heh
Old 03-08-2005, 10:43 PM

The originator of going on tilt and bringing out the roll??? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Meow.
Old 03-08-2005, 11:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have also considered pulling this stunt:
Anything one can do to corrupt PT databases on oneself has to be a good thing....heh

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you might be overthinking this a little bit. I think there is some advantage to changing id's...but we play most of our hands vs. the loose players and they probably aren't paying enough attention for this to work. And it's not going to take long to figure out you are a solid opponent.
Old 03-09-2005, 12:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
non2+2'ers are peoriaplayer who i know from st. louis since he also plays in the live games i play in at ameristar. but in all honesty he's not all that tough...just tight and has a bit of trickiness to him...wins about 2.02bb/100 so hes decent...

[/ QUOTE ]

Decent? I'm not sure if you're just making this statement based on small samples but anyone making 2+ BB/100 in the 15-30 game would certainly get a rating beyond decent. Do you really expect to find a large number beating the game for that much long term?

I'm not trying to defend this particular player or anything, I don't even know who he is but anyone winning 2+ BB/100 long term in this game certainly gets a rating better than "decent" in my book.

-ActionBob
Old 03-09-2005, 12:41 AM

nice.

so have i ever pulled of a trifecta on you before?? if so, sweeeeeet....

and now that you know my name...you should pm me yours [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

im sure i'll see you on soon enough.

-Barron

PS- you should be on MSN more...and say hi sometimes [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-09-2005, 01:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you play on just one skin, I think it's crazy not to change your name every 6 months

[/ QUOTE ]

Forgive me if this is a stupid question.

Aren't you only allowed 1 user ID? Don't you need to prove your identity to cashout? Or will party allow you to use the same ID for multiple handles?
Old 03-09-2005, 01:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have got more hands with Sagehen than anyone else. I have got his VPIP at about 12%. Too tight.

On the other hand, he just might be getting no cards when I am at his table. He never seems to get dealt big pairs. I have over 1500 hands on him and his known hands show him having Aces, Kings and queens 5 times combined. I suppose he may have folded a few big pairs postflop that I don't know about but overall, I would be going nuts if I got premium pairs so infrequently as he seems to get them.

When he does get AK/AQ etc, it's comical how much he gets sucked out on by goofy hands. That dude is running pretty bad (at least at my tables). Yet, his overall loss rate isn't that big in my PT database so he may well be an excellent player who is cutting his losses during a bad run.

I had the pleasure of playing with Peter Rus and elindauer for the first time the other day. Both are very good players. Then of course there's Stoxtrader.

Knicks or something like that also is difficult to play against.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've played with him a bit. He is too tight, except that he seeks maniac like games from my observation. So his tight play does pay well in the types of games I find him in. And, that's part of why he gets sucked out so much, because he finds good games.

I don't have any of the software that you all use. Exactly how useful is that stuff? Surely, numbers can't give that good of a feel on a person, can it? What software works for you?

pokerponcho
Old 03-09-2005, 02:13 AM

bisonbison plays 3/6 doesn't he?
Old 03-09-2005, 02:15 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]
This thread is perfect time to mention that I have to give props to whoever thre 2+2er is who WAS NOTASTRO, the new name is even more dynamite.

And yes threads like these are lame.

[/ QUOTE ]

NOTASTRO has added a new name, NOTSTOX