Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2005, 09:02 PM

Default MY 700TH POST...Please Read My Proposal

First off, I am definitely in. As for making the tournament work, I think I figured out the best way to take care of the money.

I think it's obvious that we should split the money up among 8 different people. I know that some, like El Diablo, don't want to hold the money but somebody's going to have to be inconvenienced if we're going to get around the issue of not trusting anyone with 48K. Here are my suggestions (in no particular order):
1) Capt. Zeebo
2) James282
3) Strassa
4) AJo Go All In
5) Yeti
6) AZK
7) FSUPlayer
8) ML4L

Please respond to this post if you are on the list to indicate your willingness and please keep in mind that somebody has to do this.

After I figure out how many people we have managing some money, I'll private message other posters until we have enough. The "back-up" list will include:
1) El Diablo
2) Matt Flynn
3) KaneKungFu123
4) TheBruiser500
5) Durrrrrrrrrrrrrr
6) fslexduck
7) Aggie
8) Thabadguy
9) Myself
Old 11-28-2005, 09:04 PM

Default Re: MY 700TH POST...Please Read My Proposal

im game to hold some cash.
Old 11-28-2005, 09:05 PM

Default Re: Alternative Proposal

[ QUOTE ]
I will organize and run the above tournament for $50 per player (edit: this was the figure quoted elsewhere in this thread as a reasonable fee).

[/ QUOTE ]

Below is a general legal explanation regarding percentages.

Home poker tournaments and office sports pools are allowed under a “social gambling” exception under state law. For an activity to be considered “social gambling,” all participants must have a “bona fide social relationship,” meaning that they have an established social relationship based upon some other common interest other than the gambling activity, and no one other than the participants can profit from the game or activity in any manner, such as taking part of the pot in a poker game or a sports pool to be compensated for organizing the activity.
Old 11-28-2005, 09:46 PM

Default Re: MHNL Heads-Up Invitational I - Registration

In if there is still room
Old 11-28-2005, 09:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Only problem with the story in point #3 is that the Wynn opened in April of this year which makes playing there HU or otherwise last year sort of like impossible.

[/ QUOTE ]

no the Wynn's been open for years - but only for a select few friends of Steve....guess you didn't know that....

PS - if I send you a list of some ex-girlfriends, could you tell me the chronological order I dated them in?...would really be helpful....
Old 11-28-2005, 10:01 PM

nh
Old 11-28-2005, 11:27 PM

if someone has to hold the money, i want ray zee to guard mine
Old 11-28-2005, 11:55 PM

Default Re: Alternative Proposal

[ QUOTE ]
So if we have 32+ people I could see this thing taking weeks to complete.

[/ QUOTE ]

I organized a 9 player chess tournament at my local chess club, first time we've attempted it. Everyone plays everyone else 2 games, one hour each. The tournament would ideally take 8 weeks with everyone playing one match per week.

We've just passed week 16 and we are almost finished, 4 more weeks should do all but the last couple straggling matches which will probably be deemed a tie. People are never available at the same time. People quit, people want to join late, etc. etc.

My point is that 32 people is way too many as a first effort.

My advice is as follows: have a tournament with no more than 8 people, the 8 most respected, well known, etc.

In fact before doing that 2 guys should sit down and have a trial match to see what # of bb's etc on which site works best.

Once that is a raving success, take what you've learned and have another tournament with 16 say. Build on success.

FWIW
Old 11-29-2005, 12:01 AM

depends on time frame, and the set up of the thing...I'm unavailable to play online from dec. 18 - end of PCA (Jan. 11th), so I doubt I could play.
Old 11-29-2005, 01:07 AM

Yeah the rake at 50NL in proportion to the stack will definately munch on the stacks.