Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2004, 02:27 PM

Default Must Must Move tables at the Mirage

Anyone run into this Must Must move stuff at the Mirage besides me? I personally cannot stand this type of thing. I was playing 100-300 buy in no limit with 2/5 blinds and I ended up on the third table. Seats opened at all 3 tables at the same time yet I was forced to move one table and 2 guys from that one were forced to move to the next one over.

My question is that with a list of 15+ people, why do they force people to move, it just wastes time because we're told to play our button or blinds and everyone wants to seat change at the same time, so the game slows down, you lose sight of opponents you had pegged and so on. Not to mention I have to flag down the waitress with my water when she goes to the previous table with the "where did he go" look on her face.
Old 09-28-2004, 02:45 PM

Default Re: Must Must Move tables at the Mirage

I played this game a lot a couple weeks ago, I agree it's stupid. When there's a long list, they should ask players on outer tables if they want to move (some people may prefer getting onto the main table as soon as possible since it's likely to have the deepest stacks), and if they decline the option then just fill the seats from the board. When the list dries up, of course they would then keep the main game full by feeding it from the must-moves, it all seems very simple.
Old 09-28-2004, 03:33 PM

Must moves are a way to make sure that the main game doesn't break.

They must have changed their policies as the new games are usually "may moves", that is they ask if anyone wants to move to the main game, and it is only for the 1st hour.
Old 09-29-2004, 07:04 PM

I encountered this "may move" phenomenon last time I played at the Mirage (July). It seems that every time someone was asked if they wanted to move to the main game, that player would get up, look at the lineup and stacks at the main table, and then make a decision. They take their poker seriously there.
Old 09-30-2004, 01:57 AM

At least back in June, they did the same thing with the 2/5 NL at Bellagio.

I sat down right before some fish, then got moved away because it was a FIFO (first in, first out) queue. Then a couple of fish got moved to the main game, so it wasn't so bad. But I'd rather have stayed at the fishy must-move table for a while.

May move tables, like they did at the Mirage in June, are much nicer, but they require more active table management.
Old 09-30-2004, 04:26 AM

If they had the much more sensible "may move" a couple months ago, why the hell did they stop? When I was there two weeks back, they moved everyone, it was such a pain. I even made the suggestion of giving players the option but to no avail.