Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2005, 12:20 PM

Default everything in it\'s right place

villain hasn't been here for very long, but has been playing quite aggressive/well. i'm pretty confident he knows what he's doing by now. but the other guy is terrible.

i was raising a safe turn.

Party Poker 50/100 Hold'em (3 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (6.25 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero?

check? bet/call? bet/fold?
Old 11-27-2005, 12:27 PM

Default Re: everything in it\'s right place

I like bet/fold. I doubt he is pushing you off the best hand here with a river check raise bluff, and I don't think we lose our river BB that often. He will call you with A8, A6, 98, 96, T8, J8, and maybe A5. Granted, a lot of the times these hands are betting the turn, but I don't think they always do.
Old 11-28-2005, 11:31 AM

interesting hand. (aka bump.)
Old 11-28-2005, 11:53 AM

I would bet the river. When he checks the turn I think he usually has a pair. Most guys on a semibluff would fire that turn thinking they have enough folding equity. A straight or busted flush draw would often bet out on that river.
Old 11-28-2005, 11:58 AM

I would bet but I think he has a flush draw most of the time.

Krishan
Old 11-28-2005, 12:58 PM

I play flop and turn the same.

i think i bet this river almost 100% of the time. he'll call with his 8 every time.

occasionally he'll c/r here but usually he'll lead with a 7 IMO.

if c/r i think i just use my read and probably call.
Old 11-28-2005, 01:53 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

he has an 8, 6, or 5 with no spade almost always here IMO. if he had a 7 he wouldve bet the turn unless its specifically 87, 76, or 75, but those probably bet the turn because of the draw. his play is very much in line with a flopped pair with no draw that he wants to get to showdown cheaply.
Old 11-28-2005, 02:04 PM

Bet then make a decision if he raises. I think either bet/call or bet/fold would be better than checking. I'd bet/call by default.
Old 11-28-2005, 04:12 PM

I would definitely bet the river and the presence of the K on the board makes me willing to fold to a raise.

Cartman
Old 11-28-2005, 04:30 PM

This is a tough river card because I think a lot of times villian will just have a busted flush draw and will fold anyway, but sometimes villian will have something like a pair+flush draw and would call a bet here and sometimes villian will have some type of monster pair/flush/straight draw, but I don't think he has that here bc he will probably have played it more aggro. I think a bet here is mostly player dependent. If this guy is known to make moves than i will probably check behind bc I want to see a showdown but do not want to put in 2 BBs. If I know I can safely fold to a checkraise than I will bet it. I think it is likely you are ahead here though because I think most players with the straight would bet out at this river being afraid that you would check behind.

Mike