Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2005, 12:40 AM

Default Re: MY WORLD

[ QUOTE ]
perhaps delete this and post it in the no limit forum?

anyway the logic behind the correct play there is the same as value betting the river in limit poker. do you expect him to call your push with any worse hands or fold any better ones? i can't think of any.

[/ QUOTE ]

eh, I just wanted to give him incorect odds to be on a draw, thought he had like like ace Ten or something, I guess i was in way over my head
Old 10-14-2005, 01:35 AM

Default Re: Third Coming of the Designated No Content Thread! (Post it in here

I don't try to steal blinds often. Maybe I am way to passive when it comes to stealing blinds, although the tables I play at, someone often raises in late position so I don't get the chance often, but every single time I have tried stealing the blinds the last three days, no matter if I had a Q, a K, or an Ace, the BB calls me and beats me...

On top of that, every time I have pockets, someone has higher pockets, if I have KQ, someone has AQ, if I have AJ, someone has AK - and then there are the suckouts that have been going on for three days...

I watched this one broad draw 5 gutshot straight draws out of 7 hands, and in every round of every hand she was cluelessly capping the betting, along with other callers who knew she was clueless, and since she kept hitting her gutshots, she kept coming back for more. Then she'd hit a boat - didn't matter what anyone did against this broad - she came to the table with $100 and was at $300 at one point! Thankfully I won a couple of big pots against her ($1/$2 table, the biggest pot was $61.50 because there were multiple callers) so I made a bit, but tonight the suck-outs are back at it again.

Time to start folding pocket everything preflop, and every suited connector - and everything else except 24 - that way I will only be in a hand once in a blue moon, and when I flop a boat, I can't lose, right?

Just now I raise PF on a very tight table (they usually fold to a raise from MP and earlier) with KJo - normally I wouldn't raise with this, but since I have been watching fold after fold, I figure its my turn. So, I raise it with KJo, one caller - flop is rags, I bet, he calls, turn is a jack, I bet, he calls, river is a rag, I bet, he calls - guess what he has - AJ...

Phew! Good thing bad beats don't affect me.

But I am starting to feel like Charlie Brown!
Old 10-14-2005, 01:50 AM

Default Re: OMFG! STEVIE NICKS R0X0RZ TEH BIG ONE!!!!!!!!!!111111

Definitely a cool hoodie. Interesting trivia: how did Stevie Nicks like her cocaine? Snorted? Nope. Smoked as crack? Wrong again.

She took it in the pooper.
Old 10-14-2005, 01:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Definitely a cool hoodie. Interesting trivia: how did Stevie Nicks like her cocaine? Snorted? Nope. Smoked as crack? Wrong again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Er ok - your avatar is interesting, but that Stevie Nicks thing, I dunno... Do we even wanna know how you discovered that tidbit??
Old 10-14-2005, 01:57 AM

I made an interesting observation today but didn't know where to post it, so I decided in this thread would be best.

Here it is:

Everytime I sit down at a poker table, regardless of the limit, I lose 15-20 big bets.

Please discuss.
Old 10-14-2005, 02:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I made an interesting observation today but didn't know where to post it, so I decided in this thread would be best.

Here it is:

Everytime I sit down at a poker table, regardless of the limit, I lose 15-20 big bets.

Please discuss.

[/ QUOTE ]

heh -_-
the limits you play are probably too small for your game
Old 10-14-2005, 02:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Here it is:

Please discuss.

[/ QUOTE ]

You suck? Either that or you should stop staring at my avatar while you play.
Old 10-14-2005, 02:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Here it is:

Please discuss.

[/ QUOTE ]

heh -_-

[/ QUOTE ]

That's probably true.

As most of you guys know, I do kick an inordinate amount of ass.

(Which is what makes the recent phenomenon that is the subject of this post even more disturbing.)
Old 10-14-2005, 02:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Here it is:

Please discuss.

[/ QUOTE ]

heh -_-

[/ QUOTE ]

That's probably true.

As most of you guys know, I do kick an inordinate amount of ass.

(Which is what makes the recent phenomenon that is the subject of this post even more disturbing.)

[/ QUOTE ]
Downswings suck. I just pulled out of (another) one with a ridiculous upswing over the last two days. Lately I've been reading Inside the Poker Mind. I wouldn't say it helped me play better (yet), but it definitely helps to put this swing crap in perspective. Good book.
Old 10-14-2005, 02:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
If you're attempting to end the no-content thread, you have failed.

Then again, that hasn't ended any threads I've seen in a long, long time...