Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2005, 01:11 PM

Default Re: Evidence that God exists

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
God is infinite and therefore his reasons for creating 2 stories for 2 different cultures are beyond the capacity of your reason. You are just a man. Stop claiming to know the mind of God.

[/ QUOTE ]

Again very misled. All 3 sentences.

[/ QUOTE ]

Claiming I am misled in all 3 sentences is not SHOWING where I am misled. I will again make it clear logically. Please SHOW me where I am wrong.

1. God is infinite and infinitely knowing.
2. There are more than one "supposed" bibles/stories handed down by God.
3. These stories conflict.
4. Since God is infinite his reasons for handing down conflicting stories is beyond your knowledge or mine.
5. Claiming to KNOW that God could not hand down 2 conflicting stories is claiming to KNOW the mind of an infinite God.
6. A person who claims such knowledge is claiming that God is not infinite, and is indeed easier to understand than David Sklansky.
7. This person is a fool.

-g
Old 11-16-2005, 01:30 PM

I am by choice an atheist

Huh? Please tell me about all those who are atheists because someone is forcing them? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-16-2005, 01:37 PM

<font color="blue">There are many difference between the Koran and the Bible, and many differences between each one's representation of God. They can't both be true. </font>

Yet, I'm sure you're willing to claim that there is a greater probability that YOUR bible is true. Wait... Scratch that... I'm sure you're willing to claim that there's a 100% probability that YOUR bible is the true one.

And why is that? Are members of YOUR religion more intelligent than Muslims? Have members of YOUR religion been privy to inside info on God that others aren't?

I have no problem with you forming whatever beliefs you want and justifying them in whatever ridiculous way you want. It just seems to me that your above response is overly pompous and self-important.

Why? What is it that causes only you and the members of your religion to know what's true? To think that only your sect has a real handle on things and sees the one true light. Especially since you're going on evidence which can't even be obversed, let alone proved.
Old 11-16-2005, 01:45 PM

The unruly freshman graduates at the top of his class!
Old 11-16-2005, 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How about just anything observable

[/ QUOTE ]

This just turns into the same argument. We both know that the existence of God can neither be proved nor disproved.

As far as observable, that depends on the observer doesn't it?

If we wanted to talk about logical conclusions, then we could debate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course, you're right. It is impossible to prove either the existence or non-existence of God. But would you agree that as a general rule, it is harder to prove the non-existence of something?

I am NOT trying to be silly here, but....

If you cannot taste, smell, touch, see, or hear any sign of a pink elephant in your room right now, what rational reason do you have to believe one is actually there? Now, you could turn the question around and ask me to prove one ISN'T there. And you'd be right that we've ran into the same unwinnable argument.

This question might sound cocky, but I don't mean it to be. I am genuinely interested in how you can rationalize the existence of something despite the complete absence of any observable evidence. It seems to be far more rational to simply conclude it isn't there and move forward from that point.
Old 11-16-2005, 02:08 PM

Here.

[ QUOTE ]
God is infinite and therefore his reasons for creating 2 stories for 2 different cultures are beyond the capacity of your reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you believe in the God of the Bible you know he didn't/wouldn't create 2 different stories for 2 different cultures.

[ QUOTE ]
You are just a man.

[/ QUOTE ]

We are God's most precious creations, not "just" anything.

[ QUOTE ]
Stop claiming to know the mind of God.

[/ QUOTE ]

A bit of a concession here. I still think you're misled because again if you believed in the God of the Bible, you'd be able to take His will as being perfect, and wanting the best for His children.
Old 11-16-2005, 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here.

[ QUOTE ]
God is infinite and therefore his reasons for creating 2 stories for 2 different cultures are beyond the capacity of your reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you believe in the God of the Bible you know he didn't/wouldn't create 2 different stories for 2 different cultures.

[/ QUOTE ]
My point is that there are fundamental contradictions within your belief system. If you take the basic premise that God is all-powerful, you must then admit that everything which comes after is impossible for you to know or understand. Period.

[ QUOTE ]
You are just a man.

[/ QUOTE ]

We are God's most precious creations, not "just" anything.

[/ QUOTE ]
My point in stating that is not to demean your importance--my point is to say that you do not have an infinite mind capable of understanding god. That is what "just a man" refers to. Or, in your language, don't put yourself on Jesus' level. Even he did not understand all of god's plans so how could you?
[ QUOTE ]
Stop claiming to know the mind of God.

[/ QUOTE ]

A bit of a concession here. I still think you're misled because again if you believed in the God of the Bible, you'd be able to take His will as being perfect, and wanting the best for His children.

[/ QUOTE ]
The point is not what I believe. The point is what you believe. Your basic foundations do not make sense and for you to believe them means you are in a constant state of constradiction. Thats my opinion.
-g
Old 11-16-2005, 02:21 PM

The evidence that God exsists can purely be based on that there is no evidence for the alternative (evolution), but continous evidence for the Bible and God. And before you even start arguing with me, look and watch the debates of Dr. Kent Hovind www.drdino.com.
Old 11-16-2005, 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I have no problem with you forming whatever beliefs you want and justifying them in whatever ridiculous way you want.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Bible didn't fall from the sky.
Old 11-16-2005, 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

My point in stating that is not to demean your importance--my point is to say that you do not have an infinite mind capable of understanding god.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's why God gave us His Word.