Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2005, 06:59 AM

Default Re: Rumblings in the Rumormill: Rove Indictment?

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not saying it's right and proper. It is poetic justice, of sorts. I'm going to enjoy the fireworks, in any event.

X

[/ QUOTE ]

by "poetic justice" you mean a poetic lack of justice, right?
Old 10-11-2005, 09:29 PM

Old 10-11-2005, 09:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The authorities rolling up RNC bagman and fixer Jack Abramoff, who no doubt is singing like a bird, giving up any number of criminal Republican bigwigs to save his own sorry ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

you realize that Abramoff lobbied for Democratic interests as well, right? If he starts selling people up the river, I wouldnt be surprised to see some Dems take a fall.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be delightful. All of the corrupt congresscritters should go down. You see, that's one of the differences between the radical right and the rest of us. A certain segment of the right thinks that corruption in the GOP should be swept under the rug and that a good way to do that is to threaten to expose corrupt democrats. True patriots say bring 'em all to justice.
Old 10-11-2005, 10:03 PM

I hope you arent implying that I feel otherwise. And for the record, Ive never been one to accuse someone who has different political beliefs than me of not being patriotic.
Old 10-11-2005, 10:07 PM

Cue Republican talking points about the House Ethics Committee.
Old 10-12-2005, 09:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I hope you arent implying that I feel otherwise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not at all. Zipo pointed to the burgeoning Abramoff scandal as part of a "good week". I understood your response to suggest that Zipo should not consider Abramoff as so "good" because some democrats might be implicated. I'm merely pointing out that Zipo may well not care (as I do not) if some democrats are also implicated along with Delay and his corrupt pals.

[ QUOTE ]
And for the record, Ive never been one to accuse someone who has different political beliefs than me of not being patriotic.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Different political beliefs"? Well, no, that by itself is not a basis for questioning someone's patriotism (depening, of course, on the beliefs). Putting one's party and its aggregation of power above the good of the country is another matter entirely. I'm quite comfortable calling out those that do so.
Old 10-12-2005, 10:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm merely pointing out that Zipo may well not care (as I do not) if some democrats are also implicated along with Delay and his corrupt pals.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wonder if Zipo thought it was a good week when it looked like Hillary Clinton might get caught up in some campaign finance scandal. But no way of knowing and I am not going to accuse him of being partisan in this matter, Ill assume his interests are pure.

[ QUOTE ]
"Different political beliefs"? Well, no, that by itself is not a basis for questioning someone's patriotism (depening, of course, on the beliefs). Putting one's party and its aggregation of power above the good of the country is another matter entirely. I'm quite comfortable calling out those that do so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well hopefully you dont consider me to be one of those people, I certainly dont consider myself to be. Still, I wonder why you used that particular turn of phrase.
Old 10-12-2005, 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wonder if Zipo thought it was a good week when it looked like Hillary Clinton might get caught up in some campaign finance scandal. But no way of knowing and I am not going to accuse him of being partisan in this matter, Ill assume his interests are pure.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a rather odd thing for you to say, IMO. I, for one, certainly will take additional pleasure and delight if Abramoff brings down Delay along with others than if just others are implicated.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well hopefully you dont consider me to be one of those people, I certainly dont consider myself to be. Still, I wonder why you used that particular turn of phrase.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've seen nothing in your posts that leads me to believe that you personally put party over country. However, the argument you used with respect to Abramoff is similar to rhetoric that I have seen used elsewhere by those who do.