Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2005, 12:24 PM

Default Re: i can see his cards

YEah Dude Weak! Cheating is like drugs, BAD! MMMMMkay?
Old 04-21-2005, 12:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
blinds were 3k/6k and i must have had about 55k. he probably had the same. he looks down at 52o. he raises to 20k. i look down at A7o.

i'm faced with two choices. but afterwards i was wondering if a call would have been a good move.

do you tell him to protect his hand? i couldn't do it!

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont like the fact you actually were bending over to peek but since you did, you are then forced to do exactly what you did and he is an idiot to make a rookie mistake.

Poker is a game and your edge is part of the game when you can make proper decisions and to go all when he went in for 1/3 of his stack is the proper play.

If you both missed the flop and he pushed all in, you would be forced to call and a 2 on the river would have broke you.

Ethics are to be discussed after "the game" is over if you choose, but there are many times playing in live games where someone is so drunk, near sighted, or stupid to not protect their cards from the whole side of the table seeing them and nobody ever says anything (except the few people that cant see the cards).

As nice as a person is in real life, in poker you need to be willing to check raise your own mother to be able to keep the money to spend it on strippers and drugs or anything else she would hate or you will be a loser in the long run.

(by the way I will be at CHII all weekend so tip well)
Old 04-22-2005, 12:17 AM

Default Re: i can see his cards TO CARD SHARP COOK

[ QUOTE ]
The word you are looking for is INTEGRITY. Some of us have and some dont.

[/ QUOTE ]
Not sure I follow you here.
If a hockey player was on a breakaway in ovetime of Game 7 for the Stanley Cup, and the goalie fell, are you saying that the player should wait until the goalie gets back up and is ready before continuing? Or should the player just roof it top corner?
This decision directly effects the players on both teams, so what is the difference here?
I think we both know that even Wayne Gretzky would take the gimmee goal.

If the player can't cover his cards and you aren't making an effort to see them, why wouldn't you use this knowledge?
I don't think this shows a lack of Integrity, and heck, if it does, than I don't have it.
Old 04-22-2005, 01:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't say a word.
By sitting at the table, this player is trying to take my money.
I am trying to take his.
If I win his money by playing good poker, well then great.
If I win his money because he isn't covering his cards, well even better, makes my job that much easier.

By sitting at a poker table, it is up to you to understand all of the rules and how to protect yourself.
Since this player was unaware of how to protect his cards, then he simply should not have been sitting at that table.

It's his own fault, I won't tell him how to play smarter, and it does NOT make me a bad person.
I am not responsible for how another person chooses to play his cards, knowingly or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hooray. My sentiments exactly. I'm not going to TRY to peek, but if they flash their cards to me - I'm not going to complain. Poker is a game of information, and the more the better. Sure it may be unhonorable, but we're playing for money, sometimes the difference between a large shake and a medium shake after playing. & I want the large!