Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2005, 05:54 AM

Default eagles vs niners game

I'd like to hear some real thoughts on this game, I'm thinking of betting big on the eagles with the 13.5 spread and i can't understand why anyone would bet the niners.

My thinking is this, the niners are the worst team in football by far, they have absolutely no offense and a somewhat decent defense. Some people get swayed by week 1 when the niners beat a very overrated and weak rams team at home and the eagles of course lost to the falcons. Also it may be a mistake to think about last years game much but they can't be overlooked here as the eagles dominated the nfc with winning almost every game by double digits and won all but two meaningful home games by double.

I want to hear the people who are betting the niners side of this is as i can't see the niners scoring more then 10 points, and thats pushing it. BTW this post is assuming McNabb does play so dont give that as a reason cause theres no way id bet it if hes not.
Old 09-14-2005, 06:14 AM

Default Re: eagles vs niners game

Also, what is the news on J. Trotter? Is he going to get suspended for more games because of the fight. He is very important for all their games.
Old 09-14-2005, 07:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, what is the news on J. Trotter? Is he going to get suspended for more games because of the fight. He is very important for all their games.

[/ QUOTE ] I would be surprised if he was suspended. This is not the first time this has happened (rememeber the Joey Porter/Willam Green pregame fight from a few years ago) and it was not an out of control type fight.
Old 09-14-2005, 08:36 AM

trotter will not be suspended, the team is thinking about whether or not to impose a fine - the league rule regarding pregame fights mandates ejection from the game, not suspension

i'd wait to hear for definite about mcnabb before putting money on the game, i'd also feel better about 13.5 points about week 10 or 11 once the offense gets its head out of its ass
Old 09-14-2005, 11:00 AM

I expect McNabb to start, but if the Eagles are up 10 or more in the second half I wouldn't be surprised to see him standing on the sideline where he can't aggravate his injury.

Even though Philadelphia lost their first game and wants to make a good showing, it is more important to keep players healthy than it is to try and win by 20. I don't think the 49ers will win, but I expect them to cover because they aren't nearly as bad as last year and the Eagles will be concerned with winning, not covering the spread.
Old 09-14-2005, 11:02 AM

I agree - the Rams are grossly overrated as always, and Monday night was the Falcons virtual Super Bowl.
I'm laying the lumber here.
Old 09-14-2005, 11:36 AM

That is probly the biggest point spread you will see all year, not a good bet if you ask me at all. The spread is gigantic.
Old 09-14-2005, 12:45 PM

A scenario in my mind. McNabb is hurting and maybe not at full strength. 9ers had 7 sacks last week so I assume they have a strong rush. Early on somebody sticks another helmet in McNabbs chest and he goes down. How do those points look now?

But screw it, I don't know enough to cap football. I'll just take the other side of the the heavy consensus picks.
Old 09-14-2005, 12:50 PM

with the player questionables still in the air, no book is taking action so far except Pinnacle, who favor SF very slightly. no point in predicting anything right now.
Old 09-14-2005, 02:52 PM

>>But screw it, I don't know enough to cap football. I'll just take the other side of the the heavy consensus picks. <<

13.5 is a *lot* to give up in the NFL.

If you can get SF +13.5 at pinny, I'd take it now. Later, if McNabb doesn't play, the line might move enough for a good middle. If not I'd still feel pretty good about the dog + points here.