Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2005, 10:50 PM

Default Flop/turn play here?

CO is 48/4.5/0.7. My reasoning is my 8 my be the best hand on the flop, and betting might get overcards to fold. When the scare card comes the plan was to bet and fold to a raise. I'm probably drawing dead at this point far too often to check/call it down. CO wasn't aggressive/tricky enough to wait for the river to get an extra bet, so I think my strategy seems right.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, CO calls, Button calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 6.50 BB
Old 09-05-2005, 10:53 PM

Default Re: Flop/turn play here?

Nice hand. Against a particularly horrible CO and Button, I think I might raise this preflop. Turn fold is fine. Unless you have a read on him like "loves to bluff" I don't think he's raising anything you are ahead of here.
Old 09-05-2005, 10:56 PM

I had him specifically as a non-bluffer. I figured by giving him a chance to raise, I'm saving myself a bet.
Old 09-05-2005, 11:10 PM

Why not check/call the turn? Are we sure that CO has made the flush? If we check/call the turn then at least we get a look at the river.
Old 09-05-2005, 11:15 PM

I lose to a lot of things, and the player is very straightforward. I have middle pair without any reasonable draws.
Old 09-05-2005, 11:27 PM

Yeah fair enough. I just thought that since CO was fairly loose (VPIP 48) he could be on a range of hands, maybe just overcards? Having another peak I guess the pot size is not that great to worry too much about it. So was your thinking on the turn that you might fold out CO with a bet?
Old 09-05-2005, 11:30 PM

He's a very straightforward player. He would raise the flush, and call/fold anything else. If he called I was going to check/call the river, and see if the middle pair holds up (unless the river is very ugly or very good for me).