Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2005, 08:18 PM

Default A flop decision - Party 30/60

I can't remember facing this situation lately and was confused.

You are UTG+1 and have AQ spades, you raise.
Oddly, two TAGs behind you call and the blinds fold.

Flop is T63, 2 spades.

Whats your plan?
Old 08-29-2005, 08:33 PM

Default Re: A flop decision - Party 30/60

huh?

You jam the pot on the flop....what else? You are in good shape against all possible hands that TAGs can possibly hold here except 66 and AA (and you have outs against those hands too). I assume that the TAGs would have three bet preflop with TT and folded 33. For that matter, it's unlikley that they even call with 66.
Old 08-29-2005, 08:39 PM

Well, do you "jam" by betting or by check raising (checking raising being an option because you're not afraid of it being checked around).
If you bet, whats your plan on the turn when they both call your flop bet and a blank hit?
Old 08-30-2005, 02:31 AM

bet bet
Old 08-30-2005, 03:08 AM

I agree, bet out. You have equity.
Old 08-30-2005, 06:47 AM

This is clear. You bet and attack. This gives you the added equity that your hand looks like a big pair and you can win unimproved vs some middle pocket pair like 99. Checking makes it more likely that they will see a showdown, and that you give a free card that beats you.

Good luck.
Eric
Old 08-30-2005, 08:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, do you "jam" by betting or by check raising (checking raising being an option because you're not afraid of it being checked around).
If you bet, whats your plan on the turn when they both call your flop bet and a blank hit?

[/ QUOTE ]
You raised preflop and you got a good flop, so bet your monster draw. If you are raised on the flop you should 3 bet the flop and lead the turn assuming you are only against the flop raiser. If you lead the flop and they both call you should still bet the turn. Who knows, maybe one of them has AK and they might fold. Even with two flop callers, You will still have enough fold equity combined with your monster draw to make a semibluff bet on the turn +EV
Old 08-30-2005, 10:06 AM

I bet out. If it goes call, raise I'm not sure 3 betting is worth it or not. It gets pretty complicated with multiple opponents and being out of position.
Old 08-30-2005, 10:08 AM

If only these were the toughest decisions we faced. Easy bet.
Old 08-30-2005, 10:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I bet out. If it goes call, raise I'm not sure 3 betting is worth it or not. It gets pretty complicated with multiple opponents and being out of position.

[/ QUOTE ]
With 15 outs to a flush or top pair, you have a 54% chance to have the best hand by the river assuming you are raised by a top pair hand that doesnt share your kicker. I understand that sometimes your pair outs will be no good, but with this kind of draw you should not be afraid to stay the aggressor and 3 bet, it could easily be a 3 bet for value. If you always 3 bet out of position with top pair, overpair or better, you are giving away too much information. This is a perfect time to 3 bet out of postion, since it could easily be a value raise, and it adds deception to your game.