Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2005, 04:58 AM

Default I\'m Babe Ruth - A shameless brag hand...

Canterbury 8/16 tonight.

Your hero is in MP and requests pocket aces as the dealer is cutting the cards. The dealer pitches me a card, I tap it and say "Ace," without looking. He pitches a second card, and I announce "and the second ace, thanks!"

Two limp to me, and I look down to find A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Naturally, I raise, and again thank the dealer for pocket aces. Three players cold-call, and the limpers call.

Flop is 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. EP bets out, one caller, I raise, three fold and the original bettors call.

Turn is the 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Both check and call.

River is a T. Both players check and call. I turn over the AA.

Good times...
Old 06-25-2005, 05:17 AM

Default Re: I\'m Babe Ruth - A shameless brag hand...

[ QUOTE ]
Naturally, I raise, and again thank the dealer for pocket aces.

[/ QUOTE ]

...Out loud during the hand?
Now that would be cool. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 06-25-2005, 10:14 AM

I did that once (sort of) at Caesars IN. It was my BB, and I said "Come on, seven deuce!" to several chuckles. Sure enough, the dealer honored my request. I saw a flop and turn for free, finally someone bet. I had to fold face up just to get the reaction I wanted.
Old 06-25-2005, 10:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Naturally, I raise, and again thank the dealer for pocket aces.

[/ QUOTE ]

...Out loud during the hand?
Now that would be cool. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, since I had made a big point of asking for AA, then announcing each card (without looking at them), then raising when I finally did look, it only seemed appropriate to continue the "charade."
Old 06-25-2005, 11:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I did that once (sort of) at Caesars IN. It was my BB, and I said "Come on, seven deuce!" to several chuckles. Sure enough, the dealer honored my request. I saw a flop and turn for free, finally someone bet. I had to fold face up just to get the reaction I wanted.

[/ QUOTE ]

last weeks Vegas trip at a 4/8 table with CDC, Jason T, a,d Johny Boom Boom playing Bakku's chips. I'm donking with the boys because I'm about to head upstairs and call it a night. I'm in the small blind and play 72o for the heck of it. As the flop comes out, I jokingly say I am going to lose this hand unless I find a seven and a duce on the flop. The flop came out 772. Suffice to say it was quite funny when I turned over my hand on the river.

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 06-25-2005, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so why did you fold?

rj
Old 06-25-2005, 03:30 PM

Happened to me once in a home game tourney. I was shortstacked, and while the dealer was shuffling I said, "It's time for some Aces so I can try and double up". Sure enough I got dealt Aces, and I pushed pre-flop, and said "Hope my aces hold up". Two people naturally thought I was full of [censored], and called me. They held, and I tripled up [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-26-2005, 04:15 AM

I was dealing once. The BB checked his option. As I counted off three cards for the flop, he said, "I need 772."

It came 722.

"Close enough," he said. (Sorry, I don't remember if he showed his hand.)

One time I put two Kings on the flop. One of the players, a nice guy who always grumbled when stuck, started razzing me. "That's two flops in a row with two Kings. Didn't you shuffle the cards?"

I pointed out that these Kings were red, and the last flop was all black. He wouldn't have it. He kept going on about how I must be doing a poor job of shuffling.

I told him to watch me shuffle, and if he thought I wasn't doing it right, he should speak up THEN--not after the flop gets spread.

When the hand finished, he said, "OK, I'm watching."

I started with a BIG scramble. Then a textbook shuffle, cut, deal. All the while asking the player, "Am I doing it right? Am I doing OK? Is this good?"

Time to spread the flop: KKx.

The table erupted.

(I know you don't believe me. I swear it's true.)
Old 06-26-2005, 05:02 AM

I don't know if I would be able to keep a straight face.