Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2005, 12:23 AM

Default Re: variance with GSIH short stack system

Any short stack system is just a horrible way to play poker at NLHE. They are very easy to stack. Them and their rebuys. And if they are in a hand, with say TPTK with a flush draw on the board, they have no way to drive out the drawers. It's a timid way to play poker and a player is much better off playing a full buy-in at lower limits. I am glad when i see these players at the table, because I know they can be pushed around very easily. I am also glad when they go all in and quadruple up, because once they actually have a stack, they don't know what to do with it.

--aj
Old 06-16-2005, 12:31 AM

i think using a strategy like that, you'll bust or double stacks more frequently. also in a bad run of either cold preflop cards or losing a lot of 'close ones' could bust a lot of your tiny stacks quickly. in terms of +/-stacks, your +X or -X stacks will fluctuate more.

but in terms of dollars, you only lose between 1/5 and 1/10 of a normal sized "deep" stack when you bust, so your overall variance in dollars won should be lower.

just a thought, i might be wrong because i have not tested any of this
Old 06-16-2005, 01:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Any short stack system is just a horrible way to play poker at NLHE. They are very easy to stack. Them and their rebuys. And if they are in a hand, with say TPTK with a flush draw on the board, they have no way to drive out the drawers. It's a timid way to play poker and a player is much better off playing a full buy-in at lower limits. I am glad when i see these players at the table, because I know they can be pushed around very easily. I am also glad when they go all in and quadruple up, because once they actually have a stack, they don't know what to do with it.

--aj

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for the opinion.

Unfortunately it contributes nothing to my
question, or the thread.
Old 06-16-2005, 01:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thank you for the opinion.

Unfortunately it contributes nothing to my
question, or the thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

You just made my list of favorite people.