Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2005, 04:41 PM

Default Re: NL100 Hand: Fold bottom set here?

4% pfr means AA, KK, QQ, JJ, TT, AK, AQ, KQ, AJ, are his likely holdings. the fact that he's UTG may not matter to him.

if you're agreeing with the call i don't think we're too far away from each other. this is a situation i will usually call in, im just saying there are players out there with stats like 56% 4% 2 against whom raising the river is probably correct.

with no reads whatsoever beyond the stats i think raising is probably at least $10 negative EV.
Old 07-08-2005, 04:42 PM

You are quite much of a passive player (preflop that is, but that's also a way to be passive). I once folded KK to a big open-raise from you preflop, and it was right. (You stacked me once with AA vs. KK too though, but I was on tilt. And I had limped it after limpers in the CO (I guess this proves the tilt-thing=P), so I just couldn't let it go since you couldn't possibly put me on it.)
Old 07-08-2005, 04:45 PM

I don't know the whole stats thing.... I usually pick up on players based on how they have been playing with me...

Given this player is loose, and not passive, I would have to call down, as there is a good chance he has something like AK. I don't know what hand he could hold that he would call a raise from me on the river that I beat.

Assuming his raises preflop are relatively standard, I would have to assume KQ and AJ are not out there....
Old 07-08-2005, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You are quite much of a passive player (preflop that is, but that's also a way to be passive)

[/ QUOTE ]

english please? [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

my pfr is 5% vpip 22.5%.

i've heard people argue for a higher pfr but my winrate is at the high end of sustainability so i'm not going to monkey around with it.

by the way, 2.30 is postflop aggression, which is probably what the 2 represents in the OP.
Old 07-08-2005, 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so I just couldn't let it go since you couldn't possibly put me on it

[/ QUOTE ]

what's worse is i had the flush draw too. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]