Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > The Stock Market

Old 12-08-2005, 08:18 PM

Default TINY technical breakout?

i am not comfortable reading technical signs. i normally don't look into TA a whole lot because most of my positions are very long term. this stock is no exception, i've owned 100 shares of it since forever, and it never made much of a move. i should have gotten rid of it, but simply never pulled the trigger. the company basically owns a bunch of nanotech startups, so i wouldn't classify it as a play on tech recovery, so if the right opportunity to sell came along, i think i'll jump on it.
chart

anyways, it broke out a month ago on very nice volume and no news, and accomplished the same today. i am not buying more of it, but if i didn't own it and it showed up on my screen, i'd be very tempted to get into it for some quick cash, depending on tomorrow morning. probably putting in a trailing stop order around 5% of where it opens tomorrow.

does anyone here have an opinion?
Old 12-10-2005, 10:47 PM

Default Re: TINY technical breakout?

I'm actually holding a few shares of TINY too. It came up on a screen that I do for Stan Weinstein type stocks. If you don't know his book, google him, great book.

Anyway, I'm holding, with a stop at about 11 dollars right now.

I don't even look at daily charts only weekly and the price/volume action there is good so far. I think I bought
about 3 weeks ago after the first volume spike.