Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2004, 04:35 PM

Default Open message to ZeroRake

I would like to see ZeroRake succeed. I imagine that all of us on this forum do, even the affiliates. And I'm an affiliate, with a four figure monthly income. Almost all of us -- eugeneel excepted -- are poker players first, I would imagine.

I've thought about signing up for an account and paying my membership just to support the site. I would like to do my part to make a no rake site succeed.

However, I'm not going to sign up for ZeroRake until they call off the shills. There are too many people praising ZeroRake who only post about ZeroRake.

Not only does the shilling annoy me, it also makes me question whether the site is willing to engage in other questionable practices.

Hopefully a no rake site will take off. I'm not sure that ZeroRake is it, but hopefully it is.
Old 07-09-2004, 04:47 PM

Default Re: Open message to ZeroRake

[ QUOTE ]
call off the shills

[/ QUOTE ]
They have already stated that they have no shills. You obviously believe that was a lie, so why would you start trusting them now? If you believe a site has lied to you in the past and engaged in this spamming, you would still open an account and support them? Rake or not, I wouldn't.

[ QUOTE ]
would like to see ZeroRake succeed. I imagine that all of us on this forum do, even the affiliates

[/ QUOTE ]

I seriously doubt many affiliates would be happy to see a rake free site succeed. They are making more money off other peoples play in addition to their own then they would on their own play without a rake. This is just an ignorant comment. It can be said with 100% certainty that shareholders or partners of a traditional rake site do NOT want to see this model come to fruition.

And you sir, have just started an entirely new ZeroRake thread. Excellent work spammer.
Old 07-09-2004, 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And you sir, have just started an entirely new ZeroRake thread. Excellent work spammer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, you're bitter.
Old 07-09-2004, 05:01 PM

A rakeless site could work I believe if it was launched in the right way. For instance, can you imagine what the buzz would be if Full Tilt decided to launch as a rake less site charging 50 dollars per month in membership fees, and only taking the membership fee out of raked pots you paid to begin each month? So no up front costs, but a cap on rakes once the 50 bucks was met?

With the legitamacy that Full Tilt has already cultivated before launching real money games, this would be an instant success IMO. I think the rakeless idea needs a scenario like this to be successful instantly at a new site.

Can you imagine if a site with 7 top pros backing it came out as rakeless, how that would change things instantly for this new idea? It could succeed quickly in this scenario.

So there are ways for a new rakeless site to succeed. Weather it will be done is another matter. For now, all we have is a new site with no pre launch promotion opening and offering us a rakeless system. Not much buzz associated with it so far. No legitamacy stamped upon the site that would come with someone noteworthy in the poker industry backing it.

All they can hope for now is that players will realize how much they can save long term and give them a shot. I'm not sure that is enough to get them off and running. I hope so, but it will have to be a slow process of people trickling in , while at the same time people becoming bored with the slow action and leaving.

The next site that opens using the rakeless idea should be watching this closely, and hopefully learns that it takes more to get people quickly than just a good idea. Maybe the next site to try will sign up some noted poker personalities to stamp an air of legitamacy to the new site.

We shall see, stay tuned. The premise is great. The execution of the rakeless premise needs to be done correctly to succeed.