Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2005, 09:04 AM

Default I\'ll start raising these rivers

Villain is 40/11/1.75

This is an obvious river checkraise right?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (9 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, Hero calls, MP calls.

River: (12.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, MP folds.

Final Pot: 14.50 BB

Going to school, I'll check back on comments later.
Old 09-27-2005, 09:19 AM

Default Re: I\'ll start raising these rivers

I think I like a turn 3-bet better. Charge mp for his draw.
Old 09-27-2005, 09:33 AM

I dunno....did he gutshot you?

It look like either two pair, a straight, or a small set...do you fold if the villian raises you back on the river?

I don't understand why you'd reraise the turn.

I'm interested in what people think and why....I personally would just call down with the straight out there...but I may suck
Old 09-27-2005, 10:03 AM

I dont like a river CR as it is much easier to go for the overcall from MP and he certainly is not calling 2 cold. You will lose 2 bets if Button has you beat.
I would consider leading the river though as I would hate my overpair getting checked around. If you think Button will fire for sure anyways, you played it right imo.
Old 09-27-2005, 10:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I like a turn 3-bet better. Charge mp for his draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

On the turn we're ahead of what, KQ, QT, and air? Not a great three-betting spot.

I favor bet-call over checkraise on the river.
Old 09-27-2005, 10:39 AM

Yeah it looks like a CR for sure. That 3 is a complete blank as far as BT is concerned and any made hand he got on the turn he will bet on the river. Against really aggressive opponents I like to bet-raise this river, with a calling station in between itīs even yummier...
Old 09-27-2005, 11:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
On the turn we're ahead of what, KQ, QT, and air? Not a great three-betting spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

um, KQ, AQ, Q10, Q8, Q7 Qrules card, flush semi bluff, straight semi bluff and yeah air.

I dont understand your logic as to why this is not a good spot to 3bet. This guy is not passive and hes night tight, his range is huge.
Old 09-27-2005, 11:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont understand your logic as to why this is not a good spot to 3bet. This guy is not passive and hes night tight, his range is huge.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well first of all he raised a protected pot and this board isnīt what I would call a standard board to bluff at. unless he is a total donk he canīt expect someone who raised preflop bet the flop into 4 opponents got called by all four and still bet the turn to fold to his raise? No this is a raise for value 99 times out of a 100, of that i am sure...
Old 09-27-2005, 12:28 PM

The reason I want to raise the river is because every two pair hand out there just got counterfeited, and JT QT missed, but still may call a river raise.

I believe the turn is a bad spot to 3-bet while the river is an excellent spot to checkraise or bet/call. (if I checkraise I fold to a 3-bet.
Old 09-27-2005, 12:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
(if I checkraise I fold to a 3-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

NO you do not fold to a 3-bet. I repeat, YOU DO NOT fold the effective nut two pair for one more in a 17.5 BB pot against an aggro opponent...just NO. Personally I bet/call the river.