Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2005, 09:51 PM

Default Re: Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There are a bunch of things they do not go over or bother to explain. I dont wanna ask out loud here though because of spoiler issues.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah this is a problem. But then again, it's a problem that a lot of people had with the actual game (even I'm still not completely clear on some parts of the main story). It leaves a lot of it open to interpretation, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. It also leaves the door open for the blank spots in the story to be filled in later by more games/movies, which is definitely not a bad thing.

My question: Late in the movie Barret tells Denzel to protect his mother (according to the subtitle). Is this a mistranslation, or is there a loose definition of mother in Japan or...? I thought Denzel was just a random orphan.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess he calls Tifa mother because she takes care of him. Its the same way as Marlene is Barret's "daughter." Not literally of course, because Barret is a black dood and Marlene is a white little girl, but because Barret takes care of Marlene after the real father Dyne (aka his best friend with the other gun arm that lives under the Golden Saucer) told him to in the original game.
Old 09-14-2005, 09:57 PM

Long time since I've played the game, but whos that guy who waves at him when Cloud is looking towards the exit of the church at very last scene of the movie?

wow that was a bad sentence.
Old 09-14-2005, 09:58 PM

from today's joystiq

nerds.
Old 09-14-2005, 10:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Long time since I've played the game, but whos that guy who waves at him when Cloud is looking towards the exit of the church at very last scene of the movie?

[/ QUOTE ]

Zak. Cloud's friend from SOLDIER. Cloud was delusional, and thought that he had lived Zak's life until near the end of the game where he realizes that he was never in SOLDIER.
Old 09-14-2005, 10:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

never mind, I figured it out. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-15-2005, 12:19 AM

Just thought I'd point this out, as I didn't notice it the first few times through. All of the original characters are wearing red ribbons on their left arms (except Vincent who has his on his right arm, and Nanaki who I haven't confirmed has one, even the Cait Sith doll has one). That's what Marlene is talking about when she asks Vincent if he has it, I didn't quite understand that part the first time through. I assume it's worn in memory of Aeris, but I suppose it could have some other significance.
Old 09-15-2005, 01:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just thought I'd point this out, as I didn't notice it the first few times through. All of the original characters are wearing red ribbons on their left arms (except Vincent who has his on his right arm, and Nanaki who I haven't confirmed has one, even the Cait Sith doll has one). That's what Marlene is talking about when she asks Vincent if he has it, I didn't quite understand that part the first time through. I assume it's worn in memory of Aeris, but I suppose it could have some other significance.

[/ QUOTE ]

Protects against status effects [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-15-2005, 02:00 AM

I loled like the geek I am.
Old 09-15-2005, 02:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I loled like the geek I am.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow... they must have been morphing Master Tonberry over and over in the Crater to get Ribbons for everyone. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-15-2005, 03:22 AM

I didn't like the movie. TOO SLOW. The action was decent, but I couldn't stand the fact that none of the villains could land a shot on Cloud.. it was like a Chow Yun Fat movie in CG. This, and the backwards motorcycle drifting and gravity-defying movements = TOO UNREALISTIC, for me at least. Also, too many japanese culture characteristics. The villains were feminine and long-haired - this is huge in Japan, but I think it's gay and don't like it.

What was up with the whole Geostigma thing? I don't remember that being in the game. And wtf was the deal with Cloud? Every time he went off daydreaming, he'd get all horny over Aeris, when he was going out with the semi-hot Tifa.. un-brilliant, IMO.

One thumb up, for the only decent scene where his friends come and help him defeat the Bahamut (I loved Yuffie, btw).