Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-19-2005, 04:09 AM

Default WSOP final table hand

I haven't posted anything from the World Series, but this hand could have made the tournament a lot different and has been driving me nuts for a while. Its relatively straightforward but is the only spot on the final table where I feel I maybe should have played a hand significantly differently. I thought it might be fun to discuss before I hopefully get to see Tex's hand on tv. Thanks for any replies.

There are 8 people left at this point. Chip stacks are around this size:
Seat 1 Joseph Hachem 6.3mm
Seat 2 Andrew Black 10.55mm
Seat 3 Tex Barch 9.1mm
Seat 4 Daniel Bergsdorf 4.59mm
Seat 6 Aaron Kanter 11.21mm
Seat 7 Brad Kondracki 1.97mm
Seat 8 Steve Dannenmann 5.81mm
Seat 9 Scott Lazar 6.74mm

I'm in Seat 7 and am obviously pretty shortstacked. Blinds are 120k/60k with a 20k ante making each round cost 340k.

I'm UTG and have QQ and raise to 400k. Folded to Tex on the button who calls. Everyone else folds.

I've been playing with Tex for the last few days and I view him as a solid player who mostly plays his cards and doesn't make too many moves but is certainly capable of it. He knows I probably know this.

Flop is an ugly K 9 4. (I dont remember exactly what the last two cards are, but 9 and 4 will do. Also I think there is 2 to a flush on the board that doesnt match one of my Q's.)

I check and Tex bets 500k. ?