Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: If you said no to a salary cap, are you a Yankees fan?
Yes 1 6.25%
No 15 93.75%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-16-2005, 01:23 AM

Default Re: How much is it possible to make???

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

It is possible to win 3BB/100 at 3060. I believe higher winrates are possible but I have no proof.

How many hands have you played?

uh, you're picking the wrong person if you're looking to impeach somebody's poker knowledge.

Relax. My question should be taken at face value.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok real quick. I do not care for this poll. I replied because if anyone does care then I am simply trying to contribute. Really, I believe higher than 3bb/100 is possible. It may never be done but I believe certain players concentrating on the game could make more than 3bb/100. All those experts out there who make 2 or 2.5 well I am not saying it is easy I am saying it is possible to make more than 3bb/100

Also myself and the other people included in my statistics do not play the 3060 regularly and have not played it since the WSOP started.

Around the time party opened up the 3060 games (a little more than a month?) myself and some friends decided to four table the 3060s for a while, see how the games were, try out some new strategies, see how much we could make, etc.

We each played, on our own, at different times, and with different styles. With just over 110k hands combined we have a win rate of 3.2bb/100. That right there is a statement of fact. Now statistically speaking I understand that 110k hands isnt enough to be accurate. But what it does is tell me that a WCP could certainly make 3bb/100 or more in these games. Some of the reasons I believe this are

1. None of us used Playerview or gametime or anything like that and we only used pokertracker to track our winrates.

2. Everybody seemed to be improving their game considerably and by the time we stopped playing I thought we were all earning more than when we started. (This is based on theoretical earn, not that I ran good my last 5k hands)

3. This is something that is very hard to evaluate so again it is my own personal and probably unintentionally biased opinion but I do not think anyone got particularly lucky.

This leads me to believe that 3bb/100 is reasonable and a slightly higher earn is doable by a WCP who focuses on the game.