Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2005, 07:18 PM

Default Turn play in loose home game

Hi all, here's a hand last night from a 9-person o/8 home game. Fairly loose, occasionally aggressive. Forgive me for the spotty details, I don't remember everything.

I'm on the button with Ah 2d 3d 9h. 3 players in middle-late position call, I raise. SB folds, BB calls.

Flop comes 9d 3s 5h. BB bets. 2 players call, one folds. I raise. BB calls, other two players call.

Turn comes 9c. BB bets. Other 2 players call. I raise. BB re-raises. Other 2 players call. I call.

Flop comes Qh. BB bets, other 2 players fold, I call.

Really appreciate any thoughts here, I guess in particular about my turn play.
Old 03-17-2005, 07:36 AM

Default Re: Turn play in loose home game

[ QUOTE ]
Turn comes 9c. BB bets. Other 2 players call. I raise. BB re-raises. Other 2 players call. I call.

...in particular about my turn play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Feral - You make a nice full house on the turn and quads are not possible. BB could have 95XX, but probably doesn't (although it's hard to say with much certainty without knowing BB, and maybe not easy even knowing BB). But I'd guess that BB doesn't have 95XX and, accordingly, I might four bet it.

Buzz
Old 03-17-2005, 03:12 PM

Looks good, 4 betting is also an option.
Old 03-17-2005, 04:29 PM

Preflop: I like the raise. Given your description of your opponents you probably have the best hand and your opponents probably can't/won't put you on it.

Flop: Again I like the raise. You may very well be in the lead both ways so I'd want to punish my opponents by making them pay to try to draw out on me.

Turn: I would put in a third raise. I don't think you can put BB on a boat given the way the hand has played out so far (unless BB is the type of player whose moves don't make sense), so it looks like you are probably best for high. Of course, you still have the nut-low draw there to bail you out if you are behind, so I think jamming is the way to go.

River: I would raise again... although it's a little harder to know where you're at becasue you didn't reraise the turn, I think you have to figure your hand is best a large % of the time.